Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong  (Read 2129 times)

jim voz

• Coppermine novice
What am I doing wrong
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »

I've asked for help on this and I'm referred to the documentation and I try to follow it exactly but unfortunately things didn't work out, it's probably something I've missed.
I've uploaded a short movie to the Coppermine site it plays fine but the thumbnail logo is QuickTime.
On my desktop I create a jpeg called short movie.jpeg, uploaded it to the same folder that the short movie resides in my FTP site, and uploaded it into Coppermine video folder.
It replaces the Quicktime logo but after closer inspecting in the video album it merely placed it the (jpeg) side by side with the movie so now I have a jpeg and a Quicktime movie instead of one.
 What have I done wrong.

Jim (newbie)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: What am I doing wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:19 pm »

From the other thread where you brough this up, just for the benefit of others who might later come across this thread:
Wondering though the Quicktime logo is in the thumbnail of the video can I replace that with one of the photos
Read all about custom thumbnails in the documentation.
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, I've looked at the documentation for standard QT thumbnails, it describes uploading together with the video in a batch process but my video is already up and I'm a little confused as to how to swap the out the QuickTime logo with a jpeg.

Jim
See if the in-detail explanations for custom thumbnails that I have come up with for the preliminary cpg1.5.x documentation helps: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/files.htm#cust_thmb_how
Did my last reply not help, especially the step by step instructions? If not, post deep links to both the video file as well as the file that you're trying to use as a thumbnail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.