Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impossible to move somepic.jpg to albums/userpics/  (Read 9115 times)

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
Impossible to move somepic.jpg to albums/userpics/
« on: July 30, 2008, 05:59:05 am »

So I've been through the "Upload troubleshooting" and "Asking for support on upload issues" and I'm still getting "Impossible to move somepic.jpg to albums/userpics/" error message.

I verified multiple times though FTP and Cpanel that the permissions on the albums folder and all sub folders is set to 777. I even set them to 755 and then back to 777 just to force a change of the permissions on the folders.

Here is the exact error I receive:

"Impossible to move Indian_Hill_Car_Fire_10-28-2007-01.JPG to albums/userpics/10001/ !

File: /home/tr2fdco/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 355"

The first indication that there was a problem was when I tried to batch add some images and the Thumbnails and Results images were coming up as Red X's

I'm running 1.4.18 on a VPS Server.

One strange thing is that a week ago when I installed the script, I uploaded 1 image as a test with no problems. Now tonight I deleted that image and the album it was in and this problem started.

Things I have checked or tried:
- PHP Script Memory is set to 32MB
- Tested with Classic Theme
- Tried uploading a small image file under 100K (Image attached listed in error message)

Gallery Link: www.tr2fd.com/gallery
Test User: testuser
Password: password

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Impossible to move somepic.jpg to albums/userpics/
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:32:03 pm »

Anyone have any idea on this one? I installed the script to a second site and it has the same issue.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:32:03 pm »

I went through the suggested steps before posting my original message. I thought maybe I was missing something but I went through the steps again just now to make sure.

1) I followed the steps for the second error message listed "Impossible to move somepic.jpg to albums/userpics/"

All the permissions are set for 777 on the listed directories.

2) Just for fun I followed the steps for 1st error message listed even though I'm not getting the warning "Impossible to move somepic.jpg to albums/userpics/ Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/phpezCYKr) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: Operation not permitted"

open_basedir is enabled. I even disabled it and re-enabled it just to make sure it wasn't hung up.

3) I have a directory listing txt file of the gallery folder showing the permissions of all the files and folders if you would like me to send it to you.

I apologize if I'm missing something.

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 01:04:05 am »

Did a little test. Since the error points to the path "albums/userpics/10001/" I went in and renamed the 10001 folder, then went in and tried to add a photo to the gallery. I still received the same error message, but it created a new 10001 folder. Not sure if this helps.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:49:57 am »

You're supposed to look into the temporary folder error/missing or make your webhost look into that if you can't.

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 05:11:56 pm »

You're supposed to look into the temporary folder error/missing or make your webhost look into that if you can't.
I did not look to deep into that only because I'm not getting the "Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/phpezCYKr)
[function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: Operation not permitted"
error message which indicates a temporary folder issue.

I will look deeper in the temporary folder issue and report back.

Thanks

lostxlullabyx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:20:59 am »

I'm getting the message impossible to move now when i upload pics.
I changed the permissions and everything else.

the last two post I do not understand.

Can anyone help me?

I could give my username and password for you to do it

Please someone answer me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 08:13:48 am »

@lostxlullabyx: butt out of this thread - you already have a thread of your own!

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 09:07:02 pm »

Just a little update:

Still working with my hosting company...they are currently having a problem with their customer database, not related to the web server, so my temp file issue is a low priority since it's a script.

I did notice that another one of my scripts is having a problem with temp directories as well. I think it has to do with open_basedir but I'm not sure how to configure it correctly.  :-\ I played around with the php.ini settings, but I'm not 100% sure how to set the path to a temp directory in the home directory of the site. I'm hoping the hosting company can assist me with that.

Soon as I have an update I'll let you know.

robr3004

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 04:11:31 am »

Turns out the folders under \albums\userpics had no cpanel user assigned to them. I had to SSH in to the server and run the command:

chown user.user foldername

Once the folders had a cpanel user assigned to them it got past the error. Now I have a ImageMagick error not related to this issue.

ericr23

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 02:14:05 pm »

I experienced this error after moving from shared hosting to VPS. Following the Coppermine documentation, I changed permissions of the "albums" folder and all enclosed folders and files to 777. That fixed it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 03:02:26 pm »

Locking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.