Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Images in Multiple Albums  (Read 18800 times)

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Images in Multiple Albums
« on: April 14, 2004, 08:07:02 pm »

Is there any way someone could include an option in CPG1.3 so that one could add one image to multiple albums. I have been uploading mutliple copies of the same image onto my webserver and it's now getting out of hand. For example: If I have a picture of the Empire State Building, I would like to be able to add that one image to my NYC album, Vacations album, and say SpringBreak2004 album. It shouldn't be that complicated since it's a SQL database; however I'm not too well versed in how coppermine adds images to the database. --Thanks a bunch

Here's an idea for a solution. It probably won't work but I thought I'd pose it. All the data except for the images are stored in the SQL database. Can we make a table in the database called albums. In this field all the albums that a said image is included under is listed here. This way if one deletes the images from one album, it will just delete the "album" from the table and if there is only one album listed for a given image, then it will delete the image file itself.
Good? Bad? Have no idea what I'm taking about?
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Images in Multiple Albums
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:26:09 pm »

This has been discussed a few times, and is almost ready.  Tarique has done this, and will be releasing the mod shortly after the stable release of version 1.3.  Not long now.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

STRiDOR

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordin Rahhali's World Lounge
Re: Images in Multiple Albums
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:35:39 pm »

Hot diggedy damn..  I'm happy now, well I will be when I get the mod.  Is there a chance to get it now?

I have a mod working now that will do this, problem is I can't share comments, votes etc easily between the same pic in different albums, but at least only one pic has to be on my server!  So if Tarique has implemented a version that addresses my PHP shortcomings, happy days are here.  :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 05:42:26 pm by STRiDOR »
STRiDOR

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • I approve.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 07:56:44 am »

Thanks to Tarique for implementing this request into a MOD. Is there a "beta" version of the mod I could try on my current CPG? --Thanks
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 08:52:40 am »

This is not a MOD but an implementation in the main software (due to the numerous changes needed) and no there is no Beta available as yet - you can only see a demo  ...
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

STRiDOR

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordin Rahhali's World Lounge
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 12:48:31 am »

Your last sentence begs for the obvious next question.  Where can we see a demo in action?  And when do you think we'll all get to download a version of CPG with these changes implemented? 

STRiDOR

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 07:15:35 am »

See demo at  http://tariquesani.net/index.php?cat=5 There are 2 Albums "Little Brown Dove" and "Myna"

The first album it says 2 pictures but when you click you will see 6 pictures - The other 4 are comming from the Album "Feeding Station"  because those 4 pictures have a keyword "dove" which is same as the keyword for the album. Same is true for the Myna album but in this case it is the pictures with the keyword "myna"

As you can see that this is 98% complete - you will get to download this when it is 100% complete, OR probably the next version, when will it be 100% complete.... I don't know :)

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • I approve.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2004, 07:20:43 am »

Tarique, it looks great. Thanks for working to implement this. May I ask a quick question? When you go to the Myna album, and select the third image, entitled "Jungle Myna", upon opening the image, the location bar says "Home > Garden Wildlife > Feeding Station" instead of "Home > Garden Wildlife > Myna" I am assuming that this is because this image's "main" location is in the "Feeding Station" album. Is there a way to have coppermine's breadcrumb to say "Home > Garden Wildlife > Myna" this way the user who is browsing through the photo album still sees that he/she is in the Myna album? Thanks a bunch! If this is not possible, no problem, just thought I'd inquire. I look forward to using the modificiation

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2004, 12:03:32 pm »

Although the breadcrumb shows the main album, the image links, next/previous buttons, file icon button etc, refer to the 'myna' album.
This is the same as if you used the search function.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • I approve.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 06:48:55 am »

Hey Tarique,
    I just installed the new verision of CPG 1.30. I was wondering if the modification that allows images to be shared in multiple albums has also been included in this release? If not I was wondering if there was a timetable for its release.

Thanks
 :) OmegaGOD

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 06:55:20 am »

Hey Hey! 1.3 was release a few hours ago - I have to tidy up the CVS before I can put anything new into it.

Also there is a question about picture count in album stats not showing the pictures taken from other album etc...

But I can say sometime next week if all goes well

pootle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 12:22:47 am »

This looks really interesting, I regard one photo appearing in many places as a fundamental requirement, however I think this way of implementing it is a bit restrictive.  Don't get me wrong - this is good - but doesn't do all that could be useful.

having to change the properties of the photo to make it appear in a new album I thinks is limiting - what if it someone else 'owns' the picture?

I think ideally I'd like to just be able to add pictures to some new album, without having to mess with the individual picture.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • I approve.
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 04:05:45 am »

Hi Tarique,
     Thanks a bunch. I look forward for the release. Thanks a bunch for putting it together. :-)

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 04:31:32 am »

having to change the properties of the photo to make it appear in a new album I thinks is limiting - what if it someone else 'owns' the picture?
that means you are not entitled to it in the first place....

GGallery

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 06:34:39 am »

oh man I'd love to see that feature and I think it would make sense for a lot of setups:

- users are uploading whatever pics they want.
- the "best" pics are getting published/selected by admins into category/subcategory/album

==> users would get a lot of freedom while they also could work on some kind of 'wikimedia' like setup featuring the most accurate/uptodate photos and info on certain topics.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • I approve.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 09:42:44 am »

Hey Tarique,
     Will the finished modifications be available from CVS or it be rolled out in a later version of CPG? May I also ask if there will be documentation to support the addition? Thanks Again.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 09:50:33 am »

Will the finished modifications be available from CVS or it be rolled out in a later version of CPG? May I also ask if there will be documentation to support the addition?
The mod is already there in the CVS for most of the parts - do a check out of  devel - run update.php

The albums table should now have a field called keyword, put a keyword from a picture not in the same album here (use phpMyAdmin to see and edit)

Browse over to that album - the picture from other album (which is not in the modified album) should appear on the thumbnails page.

There will b documentation available ultimately BUT currently the above is the best there is....

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2004, 01:24:54 pm »

So is this in CPG1.3.0 and are you saying we have to hack the database to get it to work?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 01:53:59 pm »

No, this is not in cpg1.3.0 and you must not hack anything. This is under development and recommended for very experienced users and devs. No questions will be answered on this - if you chose to check out the devel branch of the cvs, you're on your own.
I strongly recommend you don't touch it at all and wait at least for a packaged public beta.

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 03:14:31 pm »

So is this in CPG1.3.0 and are you saying we have to hack the database to get it to work?
I am saying what I have said above  :P - if you have got doubts about comprehending any of the above it is strongly recommended you do not use it any of the code in CVS devel - It comes with absolutely *0* <- Zero support
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.