Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keywords getting confused  (Read 4606 times)

jlwagner

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electronic Mother
keywords getting confused
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:07:21 am »

I'm new to Coppermine, so forgive please if this is a pilot-error kind of question, but it's got me frustrated: 

I've built a family website for collaborative genealogical research, where relatives upload their scrapbooks.  I've added albums for each ancestor.  People add keywords to each image in their scrapbooks, based on who is in the photo; so all images of a particular person appear in that particular person's album (in addition to being visible in the various uploaded scrapbooks). 

The problem is that unique keywords are not being treated as unique by Coppermine.  Specifically "Dina_W" and "Dan_W" are being confused by Coppermine, such that Dan_W's album includes all the photos of Dina_W as well as his own.

Does Coppermine apply some sort of Soundex-based merge to keywords?  If so, how do I turn it off? 

Thanks.

--- Jordan
--- Jordan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: keywords getting confused
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:12:33 am »

Never heard of that. Could you post a link to your gallery please?

jlwagner

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electronic Mother
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:30:14 pm »

The Gallery is reachable at www.Boling.ws

But I'll need to give you an ID and password to get in. 

I hid the symptoms by changing all instances of the Dan_W keyword to Daniel_W, which is different enough from Dina_W.  But this leaves me uncomfortable about future problems, as names of ancestors are going to proliferate as more images get added, and because I prefer short keywords. 

I would be happy to change the album's keyword back to Dan_W for diagnostic purposes, so you can see all the Dina_W photos being displayed in it.  Would you like me to do that and then PM you a password?) 

Thanks.

P.S. --- Other info:  Coppermine is bridged (a la Mehdi) to Joomla (which is also bridged to phpGEDview). Dan_W is also a user ID.  Dina_W is not. 

--- Jordan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 04:37:32 pm »

Post a non-admin test user account if you want support and you require login as well as a link to your gallery (I haven't asked for a link to your overall site, but explicitely for a link to your gallery). Personal communication is not acceptable. Mehdi bridge goes unsupported here, so I have no idea about the implications.

jlwagner

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electronic Mother
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 07:09:29 pm »

Thanks. 
ID is:  temp
Password is:  temptemp
URL is:     http://schwartzapfel.net/scrapbooks/
Or go to http://schwartzapfel.net and click Scrapbooks on the main menu.

The album exhibiting the odd behavior is the one titled "Daniel Wagner".  It has three photos in it, plus there are photos linked to it via keywords. 

If I set the album's keyword to Daniel_W, then it has 2 linked files, both of which have the keyword Daniel_W.  So far so good. 

But if I set the album's keyword to Dan_W, then it has 15 linked pictures:  The two pictures with the Daniel_W keyword still appear (!!!), plus 13 other pictures that have the keyword Dina_W appear.  (Those Dina_W files reside in the two albums with titles beginning, "The Dina and Malkie Show...".  The 2 Daniel_W files reside in the "Jordan Wagner" album.)

It is as if Dan_W resembles both Dina_W and Daniel_W too closely, but Dina_W and Daniel_W are sufficiently different to distinguish the keywords. 

But...one more wrinkle:  I have many more than 13 photos with the Dina_W keyword, so I don't see why these particular 13 should be the only ones showing up linked in the "Daniel Wagner" album.

I'll keep digging....

--- Jordan

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 07:53:13 pm »

Please enable debug mode in config.

jlwagner

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electronic Mother
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 09:08:58 pm »

Debug mode (and display notices in debug mode) have now been set to yes.

--- Jordan

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29:22 pm »

The keyword Dan_W is contained in the keyword Jordan_W. That's the problem I think. Use keywords that are not contained within other keywords.

jlwagner

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electronic Mother
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:14:28 am »

Aha!  So the pictures of Dina_W that just happened to also have Jordan_W in them were the pictures that were getting linked to the Dan_W album.  Thank you so much! 

So the lesson is: 

Keyword linking is neither case-sensitive nor whitespace sensitive. 

The latter probably should be clearly explained in the documentation.  I can't be the only one who needs to watch out for this.

All administrators should know that photos with keywords like 'Dangerfield' and 'Bogdanski' and 'Jordan' will be linked into a 'Dan' album. 

(Hmmm.  Maybe some folks could use this deliberately for engineering many-to-one relationships.)

THANK YOU.

:)
--- Jordan

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 11:32:30 pm »

As a note, the issue noted in this thread has been added to the bugs board: Album keywords

Remember: there is no support on the bugs board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.