Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin mode vrs User mode layout problem  (Read 3832 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
Admin mode vrs User mode layout problem
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:51:13 pm »

My Gallery:
http://colliope.com/cpg143/index.php
(version 1.4.3, theme Fruity)

Problem:
The green & yellow menu section on the left is much wider in User mode than it is in Admin mode. The wider menu causes the album section to 'shrink', forcing  unwanted line breaks in the text description. I hadn't really noticed this before until trying to add this particular album description today.

Seems there must be a difference somewhere in table/cell widths between Admin and User modes? Can someone can help me figure out what to change so that the menu in User mode is narrow like it is in Admin mode, so that there is more room in the Album area?

Thanks,
C

Nibbler

Re: Admin mode vrs User mode layout problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:14:36 pm »

Update your gallery.

Colliope

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »

Update your gallery.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#14

3.1.3 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 or better to version cpg1.4.18:

* First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
OK.

* Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directory.
OK.

* Unpack the archive
What archive?

* Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.
OK.

* Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database.
OK.

* If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme - refer to the theme-upgrade guide.
EEK!
 I haven't made a custom theme but I have made modifications to the Fruity theme I use. (which I see isn't even on the download page anymore.)  I changed some colors and fonts, and I know I changed code somewhere to have the file name appear at the top of the image view page rather than "1 of 30" etc..  Having to go back and re-customize it seems like a daunting task.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 06:01:49 am »

What archive?
The zipped file you downloaded - the cpg1.4.18 package.

* If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme - refer to the theme-upgrade guide.
EEK!
 I haven't made a custom theme but I have made modifications to the Fruity theme I use.
Then fruity is your custom theme. You should rename it as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_create_rename
  (which I see isn't even on the download page anymore.)
It never has been there, as it comes with the coppermine package out of the box.

Your initial question was about admin mode /user mode - as per the "one question per thread" policy, your upgrading questions should have gone into a separate thread.

Colliope

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 04:38:23 pm »

What archive?
The zipped file you downloaded - the cpg1.4.18 package.

Thankyou. I was looking for something on the download page labeled "upgrade" or whatnot.

Your initial question was about admin mode /user mode - as per the "one question per thread" policy, your upgrading questions should have gone into a separate thread.

I understand but my initial question wasn't answered, I was instead directed to upgrade, which led to my questions.
Thanks for your help, and if I need any help upgrading I will post to the correct forum in proper threads.

C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.