Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error - Unable to retrieve data from database - Foreign language only  (Read 7981 times)

cindyks

• Coppermine newbie

I tried to search for an answer to this in the forum, and couldn't find one.

One of the members of our website gets an error when she clicks on the "upload file" link.

She gets the message in her default language -- Dutch:

Kritieke fout
Er was een fout bij het ophalen van de gegevens uit de database

I think the translation is:
Critical error, unable to retrieve data from the database.

We've only had errors in the photo gallery from our foreign members. Other errors have been reported by people whose error messages appear in Spanish or Hebrew.

I think the problem stems from their system's default language, but don't know how to resolve it.

Thanks for any help,
Cindy

Nibbler

Post a link to your gallery and a test account if required.

cindyks

• Coppermine newbie

That's going to be difficult to do.

We have a paid membership site, and since I'm in the United States and not a foreign country, I can't recreate the error from where I am - unless there's a way to easily change the default language of the computer?

I can provide someone with a login to the site if you can figure out how to simulate a file upload from Sweden or a Hebrew-speaking country.

Cindy

(P.S. I didn't click the "notify me of replies" so I didn't realize anyone had answered. I did that, so I should get back to you right away with any questions.)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

We have a paid membership site
Well, if you want our help you better set up a temporary test user account for the supporters here. Once your issues are solved, you can savely disable that free service account.

since I'm in the United States and not a foreign country, I can't recreate the error from where I am - unless there's a way to easily change the default language of the computer?
Sure you can do that - it's dead easy and being covered in the docs. We can do that for you if you provide the test user account as requested.

how to simulate a file upload from Sweden or a Hebrew-speaking country.
As I said above: we can easily do that.

Joachim

P.S: The error message in your initial posting appears to be Dutch, not Swedish nor Hebrew ;)

cindyks

• Coppermine newbie

Here is the test account:

http://www.yummyarts.com
email: coppermine@thetrueworld.com
pw: welcome

The photo gallery is in the gallery tab.

The problem is happening for our Dutch customers and those who's browser language is Hebrew. One customer in Mexico also had the same type of error, which she received in Spanish.

Thank you for your help.

Cindy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I'm sorry: no "Powered by Coppermine" footer -> no support. See http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#copyright_additional_preservation

cindyks

• Coppermine newbie

Sorry about that - I didn't set up the forum. I've had the "Powered by Coppermine" footer added to the gallery.

Cindy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I can confirm what you observed: I get a critical error message in  German (the language my browser is set to) when clicking on the upload link, although I set my prefered language to English using the corresponding URL parameter. However: the error message doesn't dome from coppermine: it doesn't show rapped into the coppermine output (which would be default), but as a standalone page. I have attached a screenshot. The HTML output is
Code: [Select]
<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="600" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">
        <tr>
                <td class="tableh1" colspan="1">Kritischer Fehler</td>
        </tr>
<!-- cpg_die -->
        <tr>
                <td class="tableb" align="center">
                        <font size="3"><b>Beim Ausführen einer Datenbank-Abfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten</b></font>

<br /><br />
                </td>
        </tr>

</table>
<!-- End standard table -->
I guess that this is related to one of the hacks that you have applied to your gallery, as it shows several features that don't come by default, so it's hard to advise anything. Try enabling debug_mode for everyone to see if the debug_output shows on the error page (which I doubt).
As I can see, you're running cpg1.4.13, although the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.19, so you're running six versions behind. It's mandatory to upgrade. Your gallery mods appear to have been applied to the core and not just the theme, as the very same thing happens when accessing the page with another theme, so you will probably lose all your custom modifications when upgrading and will have to re-apply them.

cindyks

• Coppermine newbie

Thank you so much for your help. I will give your response to our programmers.

Cindy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.