Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "File not found" (upload.php) after successfull http-Upload  (Read 4090 times)

Sparrowhawk

• Coppermine newbie

The Upload itselfe works fine and the uploaded file targets in the ../Edit directory. I get also a confirmation, that the upload succeeded. But clicking on "go on" the browser reports "file not found" (in this case the upload.php). Normally this is the step to sort the uploads to the albums. I uploaded over 500 pics and all worked fine, the next day (and I didn' t change anything on purpose) the programm won' t work any longer. I already tested all the hints in troubleshooting I found. Anybody with a helpfull hint around?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "File not found" (upload.php) after successfull http-Upload
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:52:45 pm »

Do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues".

*sigh*

Sparrowhawk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:54:32 am »

No matter to resign, I did as the docs say and in this case, it wasn 't much help.
But meanwhile I found the reason for this -it seems to me- bug.

If the uploaded file is larger than 500 KB the bug hits the system: upload.php won 't be startet again (not a timeout).
Even when the maximum upload size is set to 1 MB......no quota set etc...

I can live with this, but it should be repaired.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:03:41 pm »

I did as the docs say and in this case
Yeah, sure. Your posting clearly says that you haven't done as I suggested. You haven't read the docs carefully. Let me quote from the section I refered to above. I highlighted the stuff that you failed to do in bold.
Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Read it and then tell me that you have done as suggested ::). This is so frustrating - do you think that supporters around here are speaking parrots who like to repeat the same thing over and over?

But meanwhile I found the reason for this -it seems to me- bug.
You shouting "bug" means that you haven't read the docs, that's all.

If the uploaded file is larger than 500 KB the bug hits the system
Like I said: not a bug, but due to restrictions on your end, not ours.

I can live with this, but it should be repaired.
How tolerant of you. Well, if it needs repair, don't ask us, because we haven't broken it. This is a PEBKAC issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.