Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG1.5.x installer makeover  (Read 7048 times)

Raven24

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
CPG1.5.x installer makeover
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:11:39 pm »

Here are some of my promised contributions. Have a look if you can need it, otherwhise you don't have to use them.

First, I added the script.aculo.us package (Javascript library with tons of effects, http://script.aculo.us ), because I think some movements are always nice and one doesn't have to re-invent the wheel everytime. I hope that will find its way into CPG1.5, because I think it's a great lib and it makes many things very easy.

Another thing I did was that I substituted most of the tables with div-containers except if the content was really table-like or the alignment would be too hard to do otherwhise. With the new containers I also changed the CSS a bit and additionally I added a little JS so that the versioncheck-table can be collapsed/expanded (probably TODO: collapsed if no error/expanded when error found).

Just a minor change with the images of the 10 steps: they were a bit too small, so I modified them to be 21x21px.

Attached:
* screenshot of the first step
* svn-diff of my changes (with scriptaculous)
* zip with the modified images

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG1.5.x installer makeover
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:43:10 pm »

Thanks for your readiness to share, however we have already made up our minds on the JS library that will be used with cpg1.5.x: it will be jquery.
Anyway, your suggested changes need looking into, which the devs will do for sure.

Raven24

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:29:08 pm »

I feared you would say no to scriptaculous :-( but that's not such a great problem ...

I made another diff, this time without the JS-lib and with my try to "convert" my JS to jQuery.
I will definately try to help in other areas, too (not just the installer, I mean - but that's what everybody, including me, sees first)!

Raven24

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:30:26 pm »

sorry for the double posting, but did someone already have a chance to glimpse at my suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:35:52 pm »

No, sorry - most of the devs are currently busy monitoring their student's progress during the GSoC stage taking place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.