Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] 1.2 Batch Add - Picture Not Found  (Read 9863 times)

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved] 1.2 Batch Add - Picture Not Found
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 11:16:04 pm »

The path to my pics folder are:
ie:
*www/race/aep
*Coppermine is at www/galeria

So in the config page of cpg i set the directories where I'd like to batch pictures like this: "../" , and in that way I got pictures from albums above.

I did that (instead of creating albums below cpg folder) because I used to have my galleries organized like that in my previous site configuration, and I didn't want to move all the folders and its files.

The pictures have the right size and all are jpg.

Would you recommend me to move all my folders under cpg folder (inside the "album" file)?
I put a spell on you, and now you're mine...

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2004, 11:40:28 pm »

Yes, normally coppermines batch add utility will only see folders in the cpg/albums/ folder (do not use the userpics folder)
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2004, 11:52:28 pm »

Well, I think I'll just have to move them.

Now, do you think there is a way I could move my old folders inside the cpg folder so I won't lose all the info of the already added pictures (such as comments, votes, etc.)?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 12:10:02 am »

sure, just move the folder the pics are in and change the path info in coppermine config and you should be done, since coppermine stores only the relative path info (within albums directory to pic) in the database.
If you're afraid to break things, make it a two-step process: create a copy of your current folder where your pics are stored and put this copy into your coppermine folder. Then switch the settings in coppermine config and check if everything went as expected. If yes, you can delete the original "albums" folder (leaving the new one within coppermine intact) and you're done; if it fails you can just switch back in your config.

GauGau

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 05:18:27 am »

It didn't work  :?

I moved the directories inside cpg/albums, changed the config by putting the path "albums/", but when I checked, all I saw in my gallery were broken image links.

Even so, I went to "batch", and the only folder that it was showed was "userpics". The folders I had just moved never showed up.

Nevertheless, I read that one must not create new folders inside the "userpics" folder. Well, never having read that, I noticed that in my other site where I have cpg running with no problem for two months, I had created my folders inside "userpics".

The thing is that I have to upload dozens of pictures per day, and each day that pass by more work is being piled up, so I guess I'll just have to uninstall cpg and start all over.

Now, I'd really love to install cpg again, 'cause it is a great script, but, would I have the same problem? What can you recommend me to do?

I'm really motionless with this issue, since the only thing I modified of the files I used for my other site are the templates for the theme.

Thank you very much on everything

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 07:50:24 am »

you must not create folders nor ftp-upload within "userpics" - see http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#batch_add_pics
Please give us a link to your page (and a non-admin test user if necessary).

GauGau

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2004, 08:17:51 am »

Hi gaugau....I must have missed that warning about not creating albums under "userpics", but well...

Now, you can see my cpg at http://www.aeropuertosarg.com.ar/galeria

User: testuser
Pass: cpg

If got to need an user with more "privileges" please send me a private message and I will create it for you.

Thank you again for your help

tabassman

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2004, 08:37:20 am »

where are the pics stored in the albums folder?

heres the URL to one of the pics that didnt work:
http://www.aeropuertosarg.com.ar/galeria/albums/Rano/ctc/ctcfrente.jpg

even the Rano folder doesnt seem to exist.  are you sure you have these files in the right place?

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2004, 09:15:19 am »

All those folders are stored under "galeria/albums"....

You know, now that you told me that you failed trying to see a picture by its link, i tried, and failed too  :?

But, just to be sure, I went to the folder in my ftp program, and the picture was there, just as the folders and subfolders, so, as Homer once said "Sweet merciful crap!  My _car_!" (or, "my site!")  :P

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2004, 09:19:38 am »

@egm_ar: where are the pics actually located at? Please post a deep link to a jpeg file, so I can verify your settings. Please keep in mind that on Lunix systems upper/lower case does matter. Also make sure that the webserver has access right (CHMOD accordingly).

GauGau

P.S. Are you posting with two different usernames, or is it two of you asking for support on this issue

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2004, 09:36:04 am »

Well, a deep link to a jpeg file, is (following via FTP):

http://www.aeropuertosarg.com.ar/galeria/albums/Rane/res/res091002.jpg

I tried to access it via my browser and it gives me 404 error.

The folder "galeria" is chmoded 755, the folder "albums", 777, and so "Rane" and "res"...all is in lower-case except Rano, where "R" is upper-cased.

The folder structure I have follows my categories and albums structure.
So, I have, inside "Albums", four main folders: "Rano", "Rane", "Race" and "Rasu" (that equals the four main categories). Inside these four main folders, I have between 10 and 20 folders that equals the albums inside the four main categories.

Gaugau, I've been loggin under only one username, so there must be another one posting about these.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2004, 09:48:47 am »

obviously there's something wrong with your folders if http://www.aeropuertosarg.com.ar/galeria/albums/Rane/res/res091002.jpg isn't there. May sound too obvious, but did you remember to not only move the albums dir on your local copy, but on the server itself as well. I don't get a 404, I get nothing at all (which is even worse).

GauGau

tabassman

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2004, 04:04:23 pm »

i was just posting to help him verify the actual location of the pics.  sorry for the confusion. :)

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2004, 06:57:10 pm »

I work directly on my server, so that is not a problem... (and if it was I believe you'd have like to kill me :P )

Now, this is getting way to much stranger.

I'll contact my server administrator, because I don't think that cpgh has something to do with not being able to see a determined file in a determined folder....there must be something wrong with the server itself...what do you think?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2004, 08:38:30 am »

if you're sure the pic is there, but it can't be browsed then yes, it might help to contact your server admin.

GauGau

egm_ar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2004, 07:17:00 pm »

Well gaugau, here's the prove that many times big problems are caused by hughe stupids things......

First thing first, everything's solved. My cpg is working perfectly..

Now...what's been going on?

As I said I would, I contacted my server admin. Almost one day after, they told me that the problem was that they changed the server of mi site. The thing is that I always used to have access to my site files via FTP, my site IP, instead of ftp.mysite.com.....'Cause they changed the server, the IP changed, and consequently, although I had access to my site by using the IP, the files I uploaded were ending up in the "old" server, and unwatchable via www.aeropuertosarg.com.ar...

Of course, they never told me to change my ip for my ftp address 'tll yesterday. And I'll just stop here 'cause I don't think cursing them would ruin this lovely forum enviroment.

Thank you very much for your help during this journey!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.