Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhausted Memory Size (have checked other threads got no answer)  (Read 5372 times)

Delta88

• Coppermine newbie

Hi

This has been bugging me for some time now so I thought I'd ask for help.

We have real problems with adding large images to our gallery, but there not even really that huge, we cant add anything really that is over 3000x2000, and we never had this problem untill we added stramm.

I have check through all the threads and they always say check php settings, I asked my host to do this and this is what we got told they were.

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 60M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

They said they could also as pictures 3872x2592 and 2592x3872.

I have also tried adding images with watermarking turned off and the same thing still happens.

Another site hosted by my host seems to be able to add large images and using stramm to watermark.

I have really looked through most of the threads on this board and not find my answer so hopefully someone can help, because it is really bugging me.

I also want to know if they is anyway to stop it creating orig_ images, cause we dont want them, and that probably take up script time.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Exhausted Memory Size (have checked other threads got no answer)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:42:40 pm »

Just for resizing such a huge pic you'll need approx 50M memory. If the script holds other info in memory its soon exhausted... the watermark image of course needs some mem as well. If it's huge, too, then no wonder at all. Reduce image size or increase the memory limit.

Delta88

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:00:42 pm »

I cant increase the memory size, because I do not own my own site, but at ashleypictures.net who are hosted by the same site as me, they have pictures in there gallery a lot bigger than our's nearly 4000px and they don't have any problems, we cant even add pictures that are 3000x2000 or 2000x3000 even without watermarks.

Is there anyway of stopping the function which make the orginals cause we just delete them anyway.

Delta88

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

Also btw the largest pictures we would ever add would be around 2500x3500

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:07:23 pm »

In the watermark mod thread you'll find how to not create orig_ files. However that's not related to your mem limit problem.

Use smaller images, reduce watermark size... that's the only things you can do

Delta88

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:04:49 am »

Thank you, that thing about the watermark might actually work because we have two, a small one which only gets added on MQ's in the corner and another one for HQ's which is very long. So I might try adding HQ's with the MQ watermark and see if that helps.

Delta88

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:29 am »

Would you be able to point me to that thread about not creating orginal I cannot find it.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.