Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Regarding Private Albums  (Read 2852 times)

iorkara

• Coppermine novice
  • Be Nice.
    • High Resolution Wallpapers
[Solved]: Regarding Private Albums
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:47:30 am »

Hi Everyone.
Ok. Im Running a PS3 Wallpaper site over at: http://www.ps3walls.com
Now, Open that Website OR See Attachment and you will Notice that The Private Albums are not Showing The Private Albums Icon.
It used to show. However along the lines I may have changed a few settings that may have 'disabled' of the Icon from Showing at all, OR I may have deleted the actual Icon File itself from my Webspace. Im not too sure because I have done abit of work on the Gallery and this issue happened a while ago and now I have come back to it. However I am still stuck.

In the 'Config' Area. I have set the Following which should be correct?
Albums can be private (Note: if you switch from 'yes' to 'no' any current private albums will become public) : This is Set to 'Yes'.
And
Show private album Icon to unlogged user : This is Set to 'Yes'.

Not too sure but if Im correct, the Icon should show? Maybe could it be that I removed the Actual Icon File itself from my Webspace and Not Notice? What is the URL of the Icon?
Or it could be something else altogether.

Any Help would be Appreciated.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:29:55 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Regarding Private Albums
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:22:11 am »

Actual link to your gallery is http://www.iorkara.com/2/ Warning: link not safe for work!. Always post warnings if links contain adult material (yes: this includes "babes"-sites as well).
Upgrade! You're running cpg1.4.16, ,while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.18. All versions prior to cpg1.4.18 contain security flaws that are actively being exploited.

iorkara

• Coppermine novice
  • Be Nice.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:52:10 am »

I want to Update to cpg1.4.18
However I only Update when my "Fantastico" in 'Control Panel' picks up the Update and I just Click The Update Button. "Fantastico" Does not pick up "upgrade mandatory" Versions... And therefor I do not Update. I have never done an Update any other way. Im not really too Confident to do things the "Harder" way because I don't want to stuff up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:01:19 am »

Fantastico sucks. Don't rely on that crappy piece of software. The only supported install/upgrade method is the one we describe in our documentation. One of the reasons why we consider Fantastico auto-installers not to be OK should be quite obvious: they dramatically lag behind in version count. All versions before cpg1.4.18 contain a serious security flaw that is actively being exploited. It's irresponsible of your webhost to offer such outdated versions. Don't rely on others to do your homework.
I'm not willing to argue with everyone who is reluctant to upgrade about the reasons why. There is simply no support for you if you don't do as suggested, because we're not willing to look into issues that may go away if you keep your app up-to-date.

iorkara

• Coppermine novice
  • Be Nice.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:46:49 am »

OK.

I have Followed the Documentation on Updating I have Successfully Updated the Correct way for the First Time.
The Private Album Icon is now Working.

Thank you for your Help Joachim Müller. My Problem is now Solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.