Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: As Admin I cannot Upload Pics or comment  (Read 2927 times)

avf

• Coppermine newbie
As Admin I cannot Upload Pics or comment
« on: July 13, 2008, 09:18:47 am »

Hello,
I have bridged CPG with SMF and logged in as a admin I do not see any upload files button like a regular user.
Even when i browse i cannot comment on the pics as a normal user.

I get just the following menu in the user mode as shown ..... pls advice

Thanks
AVF

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: As Admin I cannot Upload Pics or comment
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:40:11 pm »

Those screenshots come from your forum, not from Coppermine. bridging doesn't affect the layout of your forum, it just integrates Coppermine with the app you bridge in logical terms (user management). Please read up the bridging section of the docs. If you have issues with uploading, read the sections "Asking for support on upload issues" and "upload troubleshooting" from the docs and do as suggested there.

avf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 11:21:11 pm »

Hi Joachim,
Those are the menu items i see in the CPG and bridged with SMF. I have changed the colors to match my site. Other than that its standard.

WHat happens is that when i change the admin mode to usermode I expect to see the upload button as a regular member. Also I should be able to comment and rate pics as a regular member in user mode. THat doesnt happen as you can see in the 2nd mnu there is no upload pic option which is there for regular members

BTW I am happy to see a reply from the legendry Joachim.

Thanks
AVF

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:16:19 am »

WHat happens is that when i change the admin mode to usermode I expect to see the upload button as a regular member.
Your expectations are just wrong. The admin mode / user mode toggle is not meant to show you what regular users can see. To see what regular users can do, create a user account, log out from your admin account, log in with the user account and check. Read up the documentation to find out what admin mode / user mode is meant to be used for:
When you are in user mode you are still logged in as an admin user, but the admin controls (the admin menu bar etc.) are hidden from the screen to give you a basic preview of what the page would look like for "regular users". However (as you still are logged in as admin), certain permissions and options in user mode will still look the same as if you were in admin mode; you can not use "User Mode" to see what a non-admin user is actually allowed to see. To see what a casual visitor can see and do on your site, simply log out. To see what a registered user can see and do on your site, create a test user account (non-admin) and log in with this particular user (when doing this it is recommended that you use two different browsers, NOT two instances of the same browswer, to view your site so you can stay logged in as admin on one and view what regular users see while making changes in admin mode. You will have to refresh the non-admin mode screen to see what changes you incorporated).
We're reluctant to answer questions that have been asked and answered pretty often already and that are being covered in the docs. In the future, please read the docs before asking questions.

You failed to do as I suggested:
If you have issues with uploading, read the sections "Asking for support on upload issues" and "upload troubleshooting" from the docs and do as suggested there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.