Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [split from] Problem with new server migration  (Read 3821 times)

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
[split from] Problem with new server migration
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:00:51 pm »

[Edit GauGau] This thread has been split from http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,52308.0.html [/Edit]

Go to bridgemgr.php and disable the bridge. Then update your gallery and redo the bridge.

Nibbler, could you please clarify this?  What do you mean by update the gallery?  I thought that if you disabled and re-enabled the bridge, it would delete some users.  Is that not correct?
I'm having a similar problem, I had Coppermine and SMF bridged.  I just moved them to another host.  The forum is working fine.  But when I go to Coppermine, only the thumbnails exist, the intermediate pics are gone.  And it just randomly won't load, and throws the same error as posted above...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:11:26 pm by Joachim Müller »

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
Re: [split from] Problem with new server migration
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:03:06 pm »

OK, I guess the problem with the photos is that some are actually missing, so I can sort that out.  But I'm still randomly getting the
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to UDB database !

MySQL said:
error.  My forum goes down at the same time.  What could be causing this?  It was just working fine for about an hour.  I got an e-mail that someone registered right before it went down.  One minute it's fine, the next it's giving the database error....  Someone please help...

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:51:46 pm »

You could try to sidestep the issue by getting CPG and SMF to share a database and MySQL user. I can´t suggest any real fix without specific error messages.

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:55:31 pm »

They do share the same database and mysql user.  I'm using the built in Coppermine bridge for SMF.  What I posted was the complete error message.  Coppermine throws that one, and SMF will simply come up with a page saying it can't connect to the DB.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 06:02:36 pm »

Please double check they match exactly. You can't get that error message if they share a db and user.

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 06:07:22 pm »

I'll double check, but I'm positive they're set up the same.  If it were the case that they weren't, wouldn't the error happen all the time instead of sporadically?
Maybe I've missed a step somewhere?  You see, when I moved to the new host, the database name, user, etc. are different than they were on the old.  I edited Coppermine's config.inc.php file with the new info, and I used SMF's repair_settings.php to change the DB info on that side.  Is there a bridge file or something hiding somewhere that still might have the old DB info I wonder?

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »

I just looked, and the settings for Coppermine and SMF as far as the database info is exactly the same.  Just to be clear as to what you mean about sharing a db and user- everything is on one big database.  The cpgxx_ and smf_ tables are all in one database, and there's only one login for the database.  That's correct, right?
Does the bridge manager create any files that reference the database?  When I did the move, I didn't change anything regarding the bridge at all.  Could there be some bridge files that are still trying to connect to the old DB?
I haven't paid attention every time, but it seems that the site goes down when someone tries to do something relating to the bridge.  The separate functions of the gallery and forum work fine, but when someone signs up for a new account it goes down.  For example, I got an e-mail stating that someone had just registered, I went and refreshed the site and the DB error was back.......

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 08:13:25 pm »

I just looked, and the settings for Coppermine and SMF as far as the database info is exactly the same.  Just to be clear as to what you mean about sharing a db and user- everything is on one big database.  The cpgxx_ and smf_ tables are all in one database, and there's only one login for the database.  That's correct, right?

Yes.

Does the bridge manager create any files that reference the database?  When I did the move, I didn't change anything regarding the bridge at all.  Could there be some bridge files that are still trying to connect to the old DB?

No.

Can you post a link?

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 08:22:58 pm »

Sure, it's http://www.creative-scrappers.com/gallery/
I just don't understand why it's doing that.  It'll be working fine one minute, and the next I'll get a blank page with a DB error....

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 08:28:22 pm »

I can't see any errors when I browse around. Make sure you are not seeing a cached error page.

wickeddivine

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »

hmmm It'll probably do it again when you're not around to look lol.  I suppose it's possible the error pages were cached...  Thanks a lot for your suggestions, and for looking at it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.