Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Users cannot upload to their own gallery  (Read 4004 times)

MydnyteSyn

[Closed]: Users cannot upload to their own gallery
« on: July 09, 2008, 03:46:29 am »

http://sim.evolution-rpg.com/gallery/index.php 

I have read through the FAQ, the documentation and nothing has solved the issue I'm having.  We're using Coppermine version 1.4.16 and the theme ChaoticSoul.  This coppermine was bridged with our phpbb 3.0.1 forum.  Whenever any user clicks on "My Gallery", they can see their empty gallery.  However, when uploading pics, no one is able to create their own personal albums or upload to "my gallery, though the user groups are set to allow this and approval is not required.  The directory/sub-directory file permissions are set correctly, too.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:00:43 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Users cannot upload to their own gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 06:55:57 am »

We're using Coppermine version 1.4.16
Then upgrade first before doing anything else.

Then do exactly as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support

MydnyteSyn

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:01:41 pm »

Thank you.  I've upgraded to the newest version and have created the test account, set the permissions as instructed in the instructions. 

http://sim.evolution-rpg.com/gallery/index.php 

Login: Test123
password: 23test23

I tried to upload again, but still had the same result.  Unable to create personal album/gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:06:59 pm »

The test user account you posted doesn't have the privilege to have personal galleries. Assign those permissions on coppermine's group control panel.

MydnyteSyn

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 04:30:34 pm »

Okay, it's been changed.  Again.  It seems like the setting isn't saving correctly because I've had it set to allow personal galleries without approval since the first installation and set up in the groups and config.  After setting it and saving the changes again, though, there still isn't an option to create a personal album (while I'm in either user mode or admin mode). 

here's a link to the screenshot I took of the group settings and uploaded to my server:

Screenshot

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 06:04:17 am »

there still isn't an option to create a personal album (while I'm in either user mode or admin mode). 
That's nonsense. Don't try that while being logged in as admin. Log in with the test user account instead - everything works as expected there: I was able to create a personal gallery and upload a file there (see http://sim.evolution-rpg.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-40).
Read up the docs about the admin mode / user mode toggle.

MydnyteSyn

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 02:02:06 pm »

It's not nonsense.  I've taken two more screenshots and uploaded them to my server. 

Screenshot 1 -  This screenshot is when I am in the user mode with the admin account.  As you can see, when I am in user mode with that account, there is no user/admin menu as there is with an account that is not an admin at the forum or at the gallery.  There is only that main menu.

Screenshot 2 -  I logged out of the admin account at the forum and logged back in with another account I have that is just a regular user account.  I then went back to the gallery.  In this screenshot, you see that for an account that is a regular user at the forum, there is a user/admin menu where an album could be created and ordered. 

So basically, if an account at the forum is an admin account, they cannot create or order their own personal albums at the gallery when they are in user mode there.  Is this because the gallery is bridged with the forum?  Is there a way to correct this?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 02:42:20 pm »

Do as suggested and read up on what that option does instead of arguing.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_user_mode

Admins create and manage their personal albums the same way as they do regular albums.

MydnyteSyn

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 03:11:08 pm »

I wasn't arguing.  I appreciate the assistance you have given and for clearing up the confusion regarding admin accounts.  I'll be certain to find another gallery to use and to not recommend coppermine to anyone simply because of how nasty the staff is here to people who come to them in need of help.  Good day.  Please delete my account. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Closed]: Users cannot upload to their own gallery
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 07:06:17 am »

Did as you suggested - your account is gone. Farewell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.