Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Mehdi's Bridge, Intermediate Images not showng  (Read 4726 times)

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Mehdi's Bridge, Intermediate Images not showng
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:26:51 am »

Hey There

I'm using mehdi's coppermine bridge for joomla and the intermediate images are not showing up, instead there just skipping to the full size images, I'm not sure the bride is causing this, I have set the inermediate image size to 800px and the max table row width to 833px, also I have used the admin tools to rebuild the images and thumbs, having set the intermediate image tag from normal_ to somethingelse_ I found that this function doesn't work and just uses the convention normal_ regardless, so I set it back to normal_ and rebuit the images again, alas still the intermediate images do not show, and as I have never uploaded an image larger than 400px, I'm not even sure if it has ever worked, I'm pulling my hair ouut because of this one :'(
please help.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:17:45 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Mehdi's Bridge, Intermediate Images not showng
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:06 am »

Mehdi's bridge is not supported here.

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:50:46 am »

I have removed the bridge to verify if it was infact causing the problem, and the problem remains :(

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:51:43 am »

Post a link to your gallery.

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:54 am »

WOW thats a fast reply  ;D
here is a link to my gallery:
http://www.judopenguin.com/pics/index.php
the image I uploaded thats above the 800px settings I used is found here:
http://www.judopenguin.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-10
when I look at the properties for the image is says its called 18.jpg instead of normal_18.jpg and is the same sie as the origional, upon downloading the normal_18.jpg, I can see it has been resized correctly :)

thankyou so much for helping me fix this ^^

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 09:56:22 am »

Do you have intermediate files enabled in config?

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:59:01 am »

I have the 'Create intermediate pictures' set to yes, is this correct to enable them ?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:04:55 am »

That image is only above 800px by width. What did you set as the 'use dimension' in config?

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 10:05:36 am »

Most bizzare, I uploaded an image screenshot of my settings just now and the intermediate is working again!
http://www.judopenguin.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-12

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 10:08:14 am »

I used height, but its not the normal_ image displaying, idealy I'd like to set the width of the images to 833px and the height of the thumbs to 100px individual width and height settings XD, so I have set the maximum disply row to 833px which didn't work even on the image that did display correctly, Im going to try adding the offending image again

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 10:14:22 am »

If it's on height and set to 800px then an image 768px high will not get a resized version.

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 10:14:34 am »

ok I think I see the issue based on you speedy reply, I have used height and althou I have for some reason a normal_18.jpg in my web repository that has been generated, the origional height of the image does not exceed 800px, so its a case of me misinterpreting the software (im being stupid) therefore its displaying the max size image  :-[

so I do appologise for that nibbles XD

I dont suppose you know how I could restrain the image width t 833px wide for intermediate images while keeping the thumbnails restraint to 100px wide do ye :)

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 10:16:14 am »

ok I think I see the issue based on you speedy reply, I have used height and althou I have for some reason a normal_18.jpg in my web repository that has been generated, the origional height of the image does not exceed 800px, so its a case of me misinterpreting the software (im being stupid) therefore its displaying the max size image  :-[

so I do appologise for that nibbles XD

I dont suppose you know how I could restrain the image width t 833px wide for intermediate images while keeping the thumbnails restraint to 100px wide do ye :)

what I meant to ask :
I dont suppose you know how I could restrain the image width to 833px wide for intermediate images while keeping the thumbnails restraint to 100px high do ye :)

Nibbler

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 10:17:31 am »

I think Stramm's modpack allows fixed size thumbnails.

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Mehdi's Bridge, Intermediate Images not showng
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 10:26:33 am »

Thankyou Nibbler, for all your help, you are by far the fastest reply to any forum I have ever used, and in my book a complete dude XD
I shall go and have a look at the mod you suggested  ;D and pick through the CPG software alot more carefully in future to make sure I understand it better before going about posting in sheer panic ><.

I look forward to compiling my site with coppermine :) and for refference, if you visit the site again and notice all the copyrights are removed from phpbb, joomla, and coppermine, its because it is not online yet, and that there will be a big credits link right on the main menu listing the softwares used with full credits and backlinks, which will be added before its official launch date, there will even be royalties set for those scripts upon any profits made from the main site that will be donated to the dev if funds are rejected  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.