Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Make a photo a member of more than one album  (Read 2337 times)

purrlions

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Make a photo a member of more than one album
« on: June 27, 2008, 05:28:14 am »

Hi my 1st post so sorry in advance if it was covered but I did search for the answer and came up short.

I have many albums of wedding photos.  However I want one "Favorites" Album which contains the best photos from the other respective albums.  However I dont want to upload the photos again into the "Favorites" Album, because then there would be two instances of the same photo on coppermine.  I want the Favorites album to look and act like a regular standalone album, except that all the photos in it are referenced remotely from other albums.  The benefit of this would be that the comments and ratings would follow the picture no matter what album it is in.

Does that make sense, and is this possible, or do i have to just upload my favorite pics again.

I tried re-batch-uploading and putting them in to the faves folder but it just gives a duplicate error. I try Image properties but it only lets me select one album for the image.

Thank you in advance if you can help.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:37:05 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Make a photo a member of more than one album
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:52:03 am »

Use the keyword feature: add the keyword "favorite" to all the pics you want to appear in the "best of" album. Then create that best-of album and assign the album keyword "favorite" to it. This way, it will display all pics from the other albums that contain the keyword "favorite". Please read up the usage of that feature in the docs if you have further questions.

purrlions

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 01:46:23 pm »

That is awesome, thank you for your reply!

I may be asking too much, but you can't put them in any order if they're in an album by keywords, can you?  It just kinda puts them in whatever order it wants...

Thanks again!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:54:32 pm »

Depends on your default sort order. You can not specify a custom sort order for a "pseudo-album" that just contains linked images.

purrlions

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 11:35:09 pm »

Thank you, I appreciate your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.