Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: PHPBB "error while processing a db query"  (Read 5496 times)

Rascal71

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: PHPBB "error while processing a db query"
« on: April 07, 2004, 08:08:07 pm »

Hi there,

I just did a fresh install and tried to integrate Coppermine with PHPBB2.04.
I get the error:
Fatal error :

There was an error while processing a database query

While executing query "SELECT user_id, username as user_name, user_level FROM `FJ1200_nl`.phpbb_users WHERE user_id='2' AND user_password='f38c5d4fe16028ed6ba22b3c369d6038'" on 0

mySQL error: select command denied to user: 'myuserid@localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

When I turn the integration off in "init.inc.php" everything works fine.

What could be the problem here?
I know my user-id has sufficient rights to perform the select command.

Thanks for the help.

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 08:29:25 pm »

Does the mysql account you are using for coppermine have permissions to access both the coppermine db *and* the phpbb db ? or are they in the same database ?

Rascal71

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:42:47 pm »

They are in the same database

Rascal71

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 10:33:39 am »

It looks like there's not a solution for my problem yet and the PHPBB integration with Coppermine isn't working too well yet.  :cry:
So here's another question....is it possible to do the integration later....so that I can use Coppermine "as is" for now and integrate with PHPBB when the problems are solved?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 10:49:18 am »

sure you can, but if you allow user registration in coppermine and decide to switch integration on later, you'll have to manually add the user registered in coppermine only, or you'll have to make your users re-register. Imo phpbb integration is mature in cpg1.2.1, there are some login/logout issues that have been solved (look into the proper threads here on the board that describe the fix).
There are however issues with cpg1.3.0beta and phpbb integration (that's one of the reasons why cpg1.3.0 still has beta status); you don't happen to run the beta, do you?

GauGau

Rascal71

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 12:30:34 pm »

No, I'm not running the Beta...sorry.... :wink:
And I have been browsing through the threads and noticed the login/logout issues...but I'm not getting that far yet for it to be a problem....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 01:34:06 pm »

hm, if you don't get the bridge file to work for you, this is probably related to some small error you did modifying the brdige file. Be sure to read the documentation carefully once more. Maybe you're on a subdomain? Posting a link to your site and a test user account might help as well...

GauGau

Rascal71

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 01:44:42 pm »

I suppose you mean a test user account to my coppermine installation? What rights do you need?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 02:12:14 pm »

no I meant a phpBB user with bridging turned on (a "regular" user with upload permissions). If you don't want to turn bridging on, just post a link to both your phpbb forum and your coppermine gallery for a start.

GauGau

Rascal71

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 07:42:22 pm »

I think i solved the problem.  :D

When I ran a database query like this:
SELECT user_id, username as user_name, user_level FROM `FJ1200_nl`.phpbb_users WHERE user_id='2' AND user_password='f38c5d4fe16028ed6ba22b3c369d6038'

I got the following error:
mySQL error: select command denied to user: 'myuserid@localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

But when I changed the query to this:
SELECT user_id, username as user_name, user_level FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id='2' AND user_password='f38c5d4fe16028ed6ba22b3c369d6038'

the query worked OK.

As you might have noticed I left out the Database name "FJ1200_nl" in the second query.

I then changed the following define statement in the file "bridge/phpbb.inc.php" from

define('PHPBB_DB_NAME', 'FJ1200_nl'); // The name of the database used by the board

To:

define('PHPBB_DB_NAME', ''); // The name of the database used by the board

And it worked out.  :lol:

I'm not very familiar with PHP and MySQL but with a little common sense and enough time you can get a long way..... :wink:

Can you tell me if this is it or have I caused a potential problem with this action...

The only thing now is that I'm getting the login/out problem with the script but I've seen that discussed somewhere on the board so I'll just have to find it now   :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.