Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting "Error: IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE"  (Read 7388 times)

Halfhidden

Getting "Error: IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE"
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:29:20 pm »

I've suddenly gotten this error (Impossible to move) when uploading not sure why. But all users are affected. I've looked through the forum and can see that this has been a problem but non of the posts are relevant to my problem that I can see.
Can anyone help please?

The website is www.picturepenzance.co.uk
Test account user name: Data Runner
Test Password:  123456
Debug is set for all, and uploads set x3 as per instructions
Thanks in advance.

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: Getting "Error: IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE"
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:23 pm »

I can replicate this error. Check your file permissions and CHMOD them to 777 or 755 depending on your server. Number of file uploads should be set to 1 and not 3.

FIRST AND FOREMOST: CHECK YOUR PERMISSIONS ON THE /ALBUMS, /ALBUMS/USERPICS, AND /ALBUMS/EDIT DIRECTORIES.  ALL SHOULD BE 777 OR 755.

If you don't know what we mean when we write 777 or 755,  you need to do a Google search on UNIX file permissions.  Windows has a similar set of file permissions. You can usually set these permissions using your FTP client.     
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Halfhidden

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »

Sorry about the 3 not 1 .... I've checked the chmod and all the directories in the albums are set to 755. I double checked this in Cpanel in case the ftp program misinformed me.
I agree it looks like permissions but I cannot see how.
Regards,
Steff

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:21:24 pm »

I've attached a screen shot of the user albums to show the CHMOD settings. As far as I can see every album (folder) from albums right through is set to 755. Is there something in the albums that might cause this?
regards,
Steff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:25:35 am »

You may need something else than 755, depending on your server setup. From the docs:
If you can't figure how to set permissions properly, ask your webhost for support.

Halfhidden

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:42:54 pm »

Thanks.. I'm familiar with CHMOD. I've changed the directory settings to 777 from 755 and things are working fine again. I can't understand why this was suddenly an issue when 755 was fine until now.
Thanks for the help, keep up the good work.
Regards,
Steff

CaribbeanBreeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 07:25:42 pm »

Hello. I am getting the exact same error here. My site was recently transferred to a new server by my host without my knowledge. A few of my programs don't work but one of my main concerns is this Coppermine. I get the error "Impossible to Move" as well and I've also noticed that it does not count new image views.

I CHMODDED It all from 755 to 777 and that did not seem to work. Any other suggestions?

CaribbeanBreeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 07:27:19 pm »

Oh, also, when I go in to batch add files, everything works normally, says all files were placed, but when I go in to look at them, none of the pictures that were batch added show up in the gallery...I have a feeling that this is really something simple but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Halfhidden

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 07:32:10 pm »

Joachim Müller post is correct... this will  be a CHMOD issue. In my case the Host company changed all 777 to 755 for security purposes.... a few choice words later and the allowed me to CHMOD back to 777.
Also I've noticed that some FTP programs report chmod as 777 when in fact the directories have been 755. It's worth checking on server side that the directories are in fact 777
Only change the Albums, userpics, edit to 777 I beleve that right... If not can someone correct me?  ;)

CaribbeanBreeze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 01:58:11 am »

Ah. This will be something I will have to discuss with my host. Ahh, it will be hard trying to get a hold of them. Thanks. If it is indeed a CHMOD issue then it's not too difficult to resolve.

Halfhidden

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 03:12:11 pm »

If it turns out to be a security issue set up by your host then you only need to explain to them that the above directories need to be 777 to operate correctly or all you'll see is the image title. Explain to them that Coppermine has index files in these directories and that prevents direct access to the folders..... if they are still concerned then you could always use htaccess and that's about as secure as you'll ever need.
there aren't very many scripts out there that don't require 777 (CHMOD) after install..... most commonly cache folders, or temp folders.... but the very nature of the album structure require that the member are able to write to the directory via uploads.

Regards,
Steff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.