Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anybody using "DIGIBUG" DAPI plugin?  (Read 4654 times)

NotePad

• Coppermine newbie
anybody using "DIGIBUG" DAPI plugin?
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:14:32 am »

hi,

i've had some problems with DIGIBUG configuration; was wondering if anyone successfully uses this interface with Coppermine to sell prints?

I've tried contacting Digibug a number of times, but no replies to emails, wondering if this company is alive and kicking or is non-functional?

One quandry I have is this: the largest viewing files I have on Coppermine are 1000 pixel, low rez JPG's for easy bandwidth viewing, and also to discourage pirating.    What point is it in Digibug downloading a 50K 1000 px image, when it will at best print a 3 inch snapshot?

I'm wanting to offer my customers poster-size prints of hi-rez 4000 to 7000 pix JPG's, but I'm obviously not going to have them as display files on coppermine.  So, wondering if this interface is only for sharing snapshots with friends?

I've tried uploading directly to Digibug, but their upload apparatus constantly fails, and again, no tech support or answers to emails.

If anyone has had any success in dealing with Digibug (or knows of alternative interfaces), please let me know...

thanks,

NP

ib2loud

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
Re: anybody using "DIGIBUG" DAPI plugin?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 03:39:02 pm »

I use digibug often and they are very fast and reliable, but I didn't like the plugin because like you said they won't get the high res images. What I've done is use Stramm's shopping cart plugin and whenever I get an order I just upload those photos to my main digibug site and place the order to be drop shipped. They don't put the pricing on the invoice in the packaging and it's worked very well for me.

ib2loud

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:40:41 pm »

On the uploading to digibug issue, I've never had any problems with them. It does work better in IE but I also have had success with Firefox. As for tech support, I've never tried emailing but they have always answered the phone for me (it's the same guy every time, so i don't know if maybe he runs it out of his house or something)

either way they've done great for me with probably two dozen orders. My last order I placed on Sunday night and the package arrived at my customer's door on Tuesday morning.

jeffcole455

• Coppermine newbie
    • SoonerShooter.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:43:13 pm »

I've used their pro-level interface for years with great success.  However, I don't think you'll achieve that high-rez selling power in your CPG.  I am allowing up to 2Mb files and think bandwidth is going to get clobbered.

I've gotten replies to my emails from them, even in the past few days, regarding their digibug4cpg plugin.  I can't get the cart to take an "add" prompt.  I think my problem is in the javascript, but I'm really green with js.  I use a theme, so I've had to fix discrepencies in the css of the theme and the plugin, but I am testing the plugin in "classic" theme as well.

Be sure to post here if you get it working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.