Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Own dynamic Navigation Links  (Read 2861 times)

hozyali

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
Own dynamic Navigation Links
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:42 pm »

Hi,

I know it might be a wrong board to post this topic, but I was unable to post a new topic in Mods / Navigations menu boards.

I have a simple CMS developed by me and and am using CPG theme so it all works fine. Issue here is I want to just open a mysql table and fetch the available links from my own table and display those links under the navigation bar of CPG. I know I can't just do a while loop on mysql under /classic/template.html so can someone please advise where and in which file I can put my code to just initiate a php loop on my db table of contents?

Looking forward to hear.

Regards
Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Own dynamic Navigation Links
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »

I know it might be a wrong board to post this topic, but I was unable to post a new topic in Mods / Navigations menu boards.
Thank god that board is locked for you, as you're not suppossed there. From the board description:
Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks
The Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks board is for actual mods and hacks contributions. It is not for requests for mods and hacks. Regular users are not able to post new threads to prevent this board from being cluttered by requests.

I have a simple CMS developed by me and and am using CPG theme so it all works fine. Issue here is I want to just open a mysql table and fetch the available links from my own table and display those links under the navigation bar of CPG. I know I can't just do a while loop on mysql under /classic/template.html so can someone please advise where and in which file I can put my code to just initiate a php loop on my db table of contents?
Create a custom token (the stuff in curly braces) and create the corresponding functionality in themes/yourtheme/theme.php. Should be easy to do if you're actually able to code a CMS of your own. Has been asked and answered often already - search!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 16 queries.