Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail Problem  (Read 3390 times)

babesbait

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnail Problem
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:03:29 am »

Ok..I have been reading and digging and trying to find a way to fix this but nothing I do or have found is working.

I am having problems with my gallery. All the thumbnails have been deleted. I thought they could be restored through the admin tools area but it is not working. Any ideas??

Here is the gallery:

http://www.babesbait.com/gallery/index.php

Nibbler

Re: Thumbnail Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:19:16 pm »

Need more information that just 'not working'.

ib2loud

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:34:30 pm »

it looks like the pictures are there, did you try rebuilding the thumbnails through admin? I know you said admin tools weren't working but I figured I'd ask.

babesbait

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:01:58 pm »

it looks like the pictures are there, did you try rebuilding the thumbnails through admin? I know you said admin tools weren't working but I figured I'd ask.

I've tried that already and it does not work. Actually that is how I messed them up the first time.

It all started last night when I tried to upload some pictures and it would not take them. I thought we maybe had a space issue so I started screwing around with settings and for some reason went into admin and tried rebuilding the thumbs and the pictures. When I did that I lost the thumbnails.

After that I followed a tutorial on how to fix uploading problems and now not only do I have an issue with the thumbnails but I have a upload problem and an error screen showing on the bottom of the screen as you may be able to see.

I seriously need help. I do web design with a friend and the customer is ready to kill me and my partner who know this in and out is out of town for a week and a half and has no access.

Any ideas? I will give you username and password if you want to poke around, I am desperate.

Thanks in advance!

;)

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:01:14 pm »

If the problem now also affects uploading please read and follow the instructions outlined in the sticky thread of the uploading board. If you do have a limit on the amount of space you are allowed on your hosting it could be the case that CPG does create the thumbnail thumbnails (when you selected to rebuild them) (or rather CPG thinks it has) but your server just deletes them because you are over the limit.

Check your "Method for resizing" the images - make sure that your server actually supports that method (GD, GD2 or ImageMagick).

That's not an "Error Message" at the bottom of the screen; its the debug output. Its there to help solve errors as it will provide an error message and/or an explanation to a problem. There is an option to switch it on/off in the config section.

Dont panic; as long as the full-size images are on your server then you will be able to rebuild the thumbnails (once the problem is fixed)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:18:29 am by just_some_guy »
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

babesbait

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 03:41:32 am »

All I did was change to GD and its fixed.  ;D

Updated the thumbs and they are back as well.

Thanks for helping me think!

Tim

babesbait

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 03:42:21 am »

NOTE TO ADMIN:

Can someone remove the link from the 1st post in this thread?

Thanks!!

babesbait

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:44:53 am »

I take that back.

Pictures were coming up a bit distorter so I switched to gd2 and upload a few and everything was fine and then I uplaoded a 4th picture and I got an error and went back out to the album and every pictures has dissapeared! It dumped everything or did it????

This is not fun. :'(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 07:51:23 am »

First of all, you need to upgrade from cpg1.4.16 to cpg1.4.18 before doing anything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.