Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Exact search string for predefined searches?  (Read 3011 times)

Alloushi

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Exact search string for predefined searches?
« on: June 17, 2008, 01:42:40 pm »

Hi there,

I searched for quite a while but couldn't find the solution to my simple problem.
Firstly, gallery link: http://www.imperialabsoc.com/mscgreece2008/

Please jump to the search page. As you can see, I've put people's names in the keyword field so people can find the photos which they appear in. For example for "Annabel": http://www.imperialabsoc.com/mscgreece2008/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=annabel

Now I know the search string to look up any other peoples' names. And I've used this on the home page in the "Explore files" box where I've listed many peoples' names.

Code: [Select]
thumbnails.php?album=search&search=nameofperson
However, I have also added other custom fields for the image description and I'd like to know the search strings that allow me to search those only. For example, I just want to search for "Metsovo" in "Location". I can do this on the search page, but I want to know what the search string is so I can link people to these predefined searches immediately on the home page.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:33:13 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Exact search string for predefined searches?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:11:18 pm »

I don't think there is a search string for that.

Alloushi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:17:46 pm »

My assumption was that since search.php can deal with that kind of search, then there must also be an associated search string? Or is that not necessarily so?

I had a look through search.php trying to find how it handles different search options but couldn't find anything.

Alloushi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:31:52 am »

I guess not - never mind.

I just lumped everything into the Key words field and will have to make do with that. Issue closed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.