Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Wanted: New album defaults to "Registered users" instead of "Everyone"  (Read 4127 times)

brainstormer

• Coppermine newbie

I want to change the default permissions of new album defaults to "Registered users" instead of "Everyone". I already uses phpMyAdmin to modify the visibility column in table cpg14x_albums from 0 (Everyone) to 2 (Registered).

I figured the new album defaults must be hard coded in albmgr.php file, so in function Album_Create() section I changed
Code: [Select]
make_option("<?php echo $lang_albmgr_php['new_album'?>", make_value('2', "<?php echo $lang_albmgr_php['new_album'?>", album_sort, '1'), to, to_pos); to
make_option("<?php echo $lang_albmgr_php['new_album'?>", make_value('0', "<?php echo $lang_albmgr_php['new_album'?>", album_sort, '1'), to, to_pos);
Note new value was changed from 0 to 2 here

make_value('0',
but that had no effect. Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:57:38 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Either change the default value of the visibility field in the albums table using phpmyadmin or modify the query in delete.php

$query = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} (category, title, uploads, pos, description) VALUES ('$category', '" . addslashes($op['album_nm']) . "', 'NO',  '{$op['album_sort']}', '')";

to

$query = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} (category, title, uploads, pos, description, visibility) VALUES ('$category', '" . addslashes($op['album_nm']) . "', 'NO',  '{$op['album_sort']}', '', 2)";

brainstormer

• Coppermine newbie

That worked, but I wish this was available from the config page.

brainstormer

• Coppermine newbie

For any other interested folks, in phpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE `cpg14x_albums` CHANGE `visibility` `visibility` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '2'

Takako

• Coppermine novice

Thanks guys the above code was just what I needed.

Another question.
What would be the SQL query if I wanted to change all the existing albums(1400+) to be restricted to registered users only? Is it possible?
(I have already integrated my gallery with my phpbb3 forum)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Another question.
You're not allowed to post "another question", as we have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Locking thread.

What would be the SQL query if I wanted to change all the existing albums(1400+) to be restricted to registered users only?
Don't run silly queries - use the permissions built into coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.