Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Completely Clueless - Can't Batch Upload  (Read 7362 times)

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
Completely Clueless - Can't Batch Upload
« on: June 10, 2008, 04:06:22 am »

I've never had a website or a coppermine gallery before, and I know nothing about it. I've read the troubleshooting topic and tried google but I just don't understand any of it. I need it put in really simple terms, like for a first time user.

I can upload a single picture, but not batch upload.

The error I get is:

index.php 
There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes.

but I did make a new folder in there to put my pictures in and set my permissions to 777 but I'm still getting the error.

What am I doing wrong?

http://fbiwoman.10gbfreehost.com/fbiwoman_pics/index.php

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: Completely Clueless - Can't Batch Upload
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 04:43:15 am »

Before using Google, use the search button on the forum.. If you search for
There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet.......
exactly as you wrote, several threads about it will shows up. Go for it next time. Go to: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,49694.0.html
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:03 am »

I don't understand the answer in that thread. I don't know how to turn that thing off. Like I said, I have absolutely no experience setting any of this up so I don't know where any of these options are to change them. I need step by step help.

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:38:20 am »

Also, I'm using windows XP and internet explorer if that matters. And I did do a search before posting this and just did another one, and I don't know what a deep link is so I can't post one of those.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:41:18 am »

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:44:09 am »

maybe I'm doing more wrong than I thought. I can't find a link like that anywhere.

I turned off the browseable thingy but it still said:

There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes. 
This function allows you to add a batch of files that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files. 
Browsable interface (recommended)     Yes    No

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:48:50 am »

This thread is going nowhere. Do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section and the section after it named "asking for support on upload issues". Period.

http://fbiwoman.10gbfreehost.com/coppermine/albums/delta-pics/AFI%20Awards/15212453fbi_woman331200810850AM.jpg
Don't use special chars or spaces in folder/file names. Just because you can do this on your local PC doesn't mean that you should do that on a webserver.

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 07:52:08 am »

I read that but I didn't understand it! It doesn't say where all of the options you need to change are.

And what are considered special characters? I just saved everything as it was and my computer changed some stuff when I uploaded it.

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:54:33 am »

I've spent all day on this, I didn't just come on here asking for help the second I had a problem. I don't know what I'm doing AT ALL and I need some help that isn't written for people who know what they're doing. How am I supposed to learn if I don't understand what the stuff I'm reading says and when I ask for help, people just tell me to read it again?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:07 am »

I read that but I didn't understand it! It doesn't say where all of the options you need to change are.
Really? It says that you need to go to the config screen and the groups control manager. Let me quote it:
Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages. This applies to all upload methods, not only HTTP uploads.

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
In my opinion the instructions are absolutely clear and your remark is just a lame excuse for not reading closely.

And what are considered special characters?
Everything else but the letters a to z and 0 to 9 are considered to be special chars. It's safe to use the underscore as well. This is being explained in the docs as well.

I don't know what I'm doing AT ALL and I need some help that isn't written for people who know what they're doing. How am I supposed to learn if I don't understand what the stuff I'm reading says and when I ask for help, people just tell me to read it again?
If you don't understand the instructions in the docs and the myriad of threads on this board then you really should review the entire idea to run a gallery of your own. Maybe you should start with something easier, something that you don't lack the skills for. Why don't you use one of the existing services like Flickr instead if you can't handle this? We can not teach you the very basics - you're not our "target audience".

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16:31 am »

I was referring to the HTTP instructions, as I don't know if that is different than FTP.

I already did exactly as is quoted in your post, and it didn't work.

I thought the "target audience" was people who need help. If I could get off the ground with this, maybe I could get to the level of this target.

And there's no need to be rude. I'm just honestly asking for help, and I'm sorry I don't have enough experience to deserve respect IYO, but I'm trying to get that experience.

I'm not running a public gallery, I just wanted a nice place to put my HQ collection, and the website I go on uses a coppermine gallery, and I really liked that set up so I wanted to use that. Just because I don't know how to work coppermine now doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to understand it. I had a 4.0 GPA. I'm not dumb. I'm just new to this, and I wanted something a little nicer than flickr or photobucket.

fbi_woman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 08:36:35 am »

nevermind. it's pretty clear you don't want to help me, so I guess I'll just have to start over and go at it alone. thanks for the condescending assumptions that I'm dumb and blind.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 09:18:27 am »

I was referring to the HTTP instructions, as I don't know if that is different than FTP.
From the docs that I want you to read:
the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with

I already did exactly as is quoted in your post, and it didn't work.
No, you haven't done as suggested: you failed to post a non-admin test user account although the instructions say that this is mandatory.

I thought the "target audience" was people who need help. If I could get off the ground with this, maybe I could get to the level of this target.
Target audience of coppermine: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/requirements.htm#personal

And there's no need to be rude. I'm just honestly asking for help, and I'm sorry I don't have enough experience to deserve respect IYO, but I'm trying to get that experience.
I didn't want to sound rude, just posting the facts. You ignore the docs, hence my remarks.

I'm not running a public gallery, I just wanted a nice place to put my HQ collection
Store your stuff on your PC then. Picasa or similar apps come to mind.

Just because I don't know how to work coppermine now doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to understand it.
That's perfectly OK. We demand that you read the instructions before asking for support.

I had a 4.0 GPA.
I have no idea what a GPA is
I'm not dumb
I didn't say that you were.

nevermind. it's pretty clear you don't want to help me
Who said so? I want you to read the docs carefully and do as suggested there. Only if you do as suggested there I'll be able to help. If you refuse to read the instructions carefully, I simply can not help, so what do you expect?

thanks for the condescending assumptions that I'm dumb and blind.
I never said that. You just have to read the instructions more thoroughly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.