Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a directory for each gallery  (Read 2296 times)

ariev

• Coppermine newbie
a directory for each gallery
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:28:57 pm »

I'm migrating from another gallery app and think it's strange that Coppermine doesn't create (or at give you the option to create) a subdirectory for that gallery under albums. I imagine that you could easily write a mod that would do this AND chmod it to 777 for you.

Maybe this should be in the features request, but it seems like it would be better to do this than to have all images in one big folder. It might be ok for a personal gallery, but if you have a lot of them you would want to keep the images in different areas of your album tree.

BTW, Coppermine looks GREAT!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 08:38:19 pm »

This has been requested a few times, and is on the future to do list I think.  But it is not expected you just put all your pics in the albums folder.  You are expected to create your own folders, in the albums folder, but not the userpics folder.

Indeed the simple way is to upload the folders as you created them on your pc, and just chmod at the same time.  This preserves your structure as you want it.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

ariev

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 09:25:28 pm »

Ok, great. I looked to see if anyone had a hack for this before I posed the comment, but it looks like no-one has done this yet.

Thank you.

Quote from: "casper"
This has been requested a few times, and is on the future to do list I think.  But it is not expected you just put all your pics in the albums folder.  You are expected to create your own folders, in the albums folder, but not the userpics folder.

Indeed the simple way is to upload the folders as you created them on your pc, and just chmod at the same time.  This preserves your structure as you want it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.