Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Trying to integrate Coppermine with Drupal  (Read 35978 times)

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Trying to integrate Coppermine with Drupal
« on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:49 am »

Cas,

I have read your much earlier thread regarding a single signon for coppermine and drupal. However, I believe I may be at a much earlier step. I installed the most recent module from your site. I enabled the module in my admin area and the coppermine navigation link showed up, when I click on it I get the following error:

user warning: Table 'scrapbp3_drpl1.profile_fields' doesn't exist query: SELECT fid FROM profile_fields WHERE name = 'profile_cpg_pwd' in /home/scrapbp3/public_html/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 172.
user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND uid = 1' at line 1 query: SELECT value FROM profile_values WHERE fid = AND uid = 1 in /home/scrapbp3/public_html/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 172.

I have attached the screen shot for you to see.

I figured that I must need to install coppermine at my host and that your module is for the single signon only and not full integration as I had first thought. However I am getting a warning that it will overwrite 34 files in my current Drupal install. Is there a recommended subdirectory I should be creating?

Thanks for your assistance!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:06:40 am by Joachim Müller »

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Trying to integrate Coppermine with Drupal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:13:53 am »

Hi,
You can install Coppermine anywhere on your server (as long as you remember where). It definately does not need to be in the Drupal structure, actually would advice against it.
Now the next remark will most lilely be the most difficult one to follow but it will explain the error message.
Open the INSTALL.txt file and please follow the instructions around the profile module.
Then it should work as expected, single signon.

My final question is around versions, not just from my module but also the drupal version. I have not checked if my module works for version 6.

Cas

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 01:26:01 am »

Cas,

Thanks for the info and your help. I have installed Coppermine in a subdirectory on my site. I am using Drupal 5.7 (I don't intend on upgrading to 6 anytime soon). I have accessed all the downloaded files from the coppermine install and only see a file named "INSTALL.php" ~ I do not see a file called "INSTALL.txt". Can you please advise me as to where it may be located. I have checked all the folders, but seem to be blind :)

Also - is the 'profile module' a drupal module I need to install or is it within Coppermine.

Thanks
Tammy

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 08:59:50 am »

Tammy,
the Profile module is a drupal module which you can activate in the drupal admin section.
In order to integrate Drupal & Coppermine, you need my module which you can find here:
http://www.nuy.info/apps/owl/browse.php?sess=0&parent=133&expand=1&order=name&curview=0
There you will find a zip file wchich contains all info needed.

Success,
Cas

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:59:25 pm »

Cas,

Thanks for clarifying the profile module.  I have enabled it and used the index.txt info to set up the password tab. It shows up perfectly for new users to set their password. I also downloaded your file into the drupal module folder and enabled it.

So my next issue is that as a new user, coppermine doesn't show in the navagation like it does for me the administrator. And as the administrator, when I click on the coppermine link in the navagation menu I get the following error: PAGE NOT FOUND

The url is http://scrapbookersinnercircle.com/cpg and not /coppermine, which I think is part of the problem.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Tammy

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 10:22:38 pm »

Tammy,

the link really does not matter as long as it is consistent.
You installed it in the coppermine directory hence the loink should point to /coppermine/ and not to /cpg/.  This you can set in the admin section of the module.
I have registered on your site and indeed see no menu option, that you can arrange in the admion section itself.

If you cannot figure it out, you can upgrade my account and I can adjust remotely.

Cas

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 06:01:45 am »

Cas,

Makes sense, but I can not locate where I would change it. I changed the name of the navagation link to "Photo Gallery", but the 'path' section can't be edited. I am obviously in the wrong section. I have search the other areas in Admin and I am not seeing it.

I have given you Admin rights, so if you don't mind and have a moment, that would be great. I want it to show up within the drupal site template, instead of the full screen coppermine template.

Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers,
Tammy

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 10:44:44 pm »

Tammy,
it now works. Have it open in a new window since your Drupal theme leaves little room.
In order to adjust go to:
Site config
By Module
Cpg
Help
Settings

Hope it is ok now for you.

Cas

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:10 am »

Cas,

THANK YOU so much! You are a lifesaver.

It does something funky with the original window when it opens coppermine in a new window. I agree it is a template issue, so I am going to have a drupal tech help me adjust the template to make it work.

Again thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Tammy

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Trying to integrate Coppermine with Drupal
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 05:21:34 am »

Cas,

One last thing :-[: How do I make the gallery visible to non-members? Obviously only members can log in and add/edit photos, but I have had requests that the gallery be visible to the public.

Thanks!
Tammy

PS: I have a drupal tech working on the template issue as we speak.

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 11:36:55 am »

Tammy,
that you can setup within the admin of Coppermine itself. It also allows you to set authorization on each album so you still can "hide" albums from non-members.
Wirhin Drupal it is simple a question of making the link available for Anonymous.

Cas

scrapbooker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 07:36:09 pm »

Cas,

Thanks once again. I have it all set. Non-members can see the photos and do searches, but not add pictures ~ PERFECT!

My members are asking for a quick tutorial, so I will be doing that this weekend. But otherwise we are set to go.

THANKS so much for your help! :)

Tammy

wenwenguo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 10:42:24 pm »

Thanks for the info and your help. I have installed Coppermine in a subdirectory on my site.much thanks.

dcobones

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:42:49 am »

Any suggestions on doing this with Drupal 6.2?   I created the profile, and uploaded the cpg module - but when I try to enable to module Drupal admin doesnt allow it.  Says the module Enables single signon between Drupal and Coppermine.
This version is incompatible with the 6.2 version of Drupal core.

Thanks,

Daniel

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 07:03:52 am »

I still have to figure out how it needs to be setup for Drupal 6.
Will do this but need to find time.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 10:16:06 am »

Morning Cas,

I was wondering if you have found some spare time lying around unused in a cupboard or garage shelf somewhere ;).
Settign up a new site which uses drupal and i could really use the bridge to work properly.

Cheers
Hein
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.