Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermediate image display lost  (Read 2846 times)

kiwibrit

• Coppermine newbie
Intermediate image display lost
« on: December 14, 2006, 03:53:55 pm »

I have been running a couple of Coppermine galleries successfully - on different domains, but with the same ISP.  Initially, I restricted uploaded  image widths to 400px - the same size as the intermediate picture.  Later, I then increased permitted upload image widths to 800px.  One gallery worked exactly as expected, the other showed the intermediate pictures as 800px wide - even thought the config page still specified 400px.  During my investigation of this I screwed something up - since I have now lost any display of the intermediate picture, even though "Create intermediate pictures" is still specified in the config page.  Instead of the intermediate image, I get a button showing "Click to view full size image".  A comprehensive review of he config page fails to show any cause obvious to me.

I need the intermediate image back.  Is there anything I can do short of a full re-install?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:59:30 pm by Stramm »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Intermediate image display lost
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:34:33 pm »

if you change image sizes you need to recreate the pics... (admin tools)

this you can read when doing the changes in the config
When changing this setting, only the files that are added from that point on are affected, so it is advisable that this setting must not be changed if there are already files in the gallery. You can, however, apply the changes to the existing files with the "admin tools (resize pictures)" utility from the admin menu.

kiwibrit

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 06:36:40 pm »

Thank you.  Admin tools fixed it nicely.

spiritweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:19:22 am »

I have exactly the same problem, I'm using mehdi's coppermine bridge for joomla, I have rebuilt the images and still it displays only the full size image, I think I may havev seen it quickly load the intermediate image in IE7 then skip to full image, hatsmore if I set the tag for the intermediate image to something other than normal_ it makes no difference to the rebuilt filenames having normal_ in them!! it doesn't work, what could cause it to do this, I have tried everything and all the advice I have come across like using the admin tools to rebuild, I'm pulling my hair out, please help.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:38 am »

Not the same problem as the thread starters. Don't hijack others (and solved) threads but start your own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.