Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Split from] Re: THANKS to the devs  (Read 10734 times)

clyde4210

• Coppermine newbie
[Split from] Re: THANKS to the devs
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:28 pm »

I would give thanks but i have a real problem and one can be found here and i agree with the poster.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,49903.0.html

2 coppermine sites are constantly exploited

3 the plugins do not work for all themes pre packaged in coppermine

4 the mods are poorly written without any sense of directions and tons of errors

5 posting and asking for support i was told turn off debugging but had the person read my actual statement they would have seen i had errors.

rather or not you are an experienced webmaster or a newb, directions for modding files should be clear and percise.

6 all mods should be tested prior to being released to users so that the directions are clear and it works with all pre-packaged themes.

7 all hacks should be removed as they do not work for all pre packaged themes and only makes this forum look like crap.

i spent more then 5 hours trying to get lightbox to work and the code was done over so many times it was pathetic. i tried all variations and had numerous errors. believe me i know what i am doing as i run my own forum and have over 30 mod/hacks and even ported some.

i can't say thanks for a job that isn't done properly.  like i said scapegoat pretty much summed up my opinion on coppermine and i don't think he was rude at all.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:04:12 pm by Hein Traag »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: [Split from] Re: THANKS to the devs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:09:22 pm »

You clearly are annoyed at cpg but that is no reason to go ranting in a thread which is clearly not ment to be used that way. You post was split into a seperate thread.

2 coppermine sites are constantly exploited

That depends greatly on the owners of these sites to keep there cpg updated to the newest version.

6 all mods should be tested prior to being released to users so that the directions are clear and it works with all pre-packaged themes.

7 all hacks should be removed as they do not work for all pre packaged themes and only makes this forum look like crap.

Mods and hacks are placed on the web for all to use at their own "risk". If you do not want to get your hands dirty then don't use them, sim-ple.

i spent more then 5 hours trying to get lightbox to work and the code was done over so many times it was pathetic. i tried all variations and had numerous errors. believe me i know what i am doing as i run my own forum and have over 30 mod/hacks and even ported some.

You run your own forum. Good for you. If it is so pathetic why not spend some enery correcting the errors and posting them here instead of coming here and ranting about them.

Grow some patience and manners..

clyde4210

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 03:17:42 pm »

i have posted them and i was told to stop looking at the errors. i'm not ranting as i wanted to start a new topic and i figured why not post here as there is no posting  of new topics. seriously who in the world knows how to navigate websites, 80% people get lost, as i said i agree with scapegoat. and the mods all that i have tried failed miserabely so no, i can not be happy. specially when i'm told to stop looking at errors. well if i have errors so do all the other users who may visit my site.

go here http://aresforum.net my modded site and let me know if you find one error. if you want to see error log i'll show you one. now if i show you the pics ( not related to my site at all other then hosting it in sub-domain )site error log you will see it has 3 not to mention the unreported ones i see.

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:27:22 pm »

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.12 (stable)-->

Upgrade! don't complain about exploits if you don't even bother to upgrade your site. All versions below 1.4.18 (this applies to you) have a security flaw that is being exploited.

And no, i don't see any errors. Just switch the notices off if you don't understand them and they are annoying you, if you do understand them - fix them. Are you even sure you applied the mod correctly?

You attitude is appalling.
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:02:28 pm »

i can't say thanks for a job that isn't done properly.  like i said scapegoat pretty much summed up my opinion on coppermine and i don't think he was rude at all.
Then you're welcome to join scapegoat on the banned list: you're banned for a week. Next ban will be permanent. I have hardly ever encountered someone like you, breaking every rule in no time.

Dumas

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:17:14 pm »

i am not using gallery 1.12 on the sub domain where there are tons of errors, i am using gallery 1.4.18... i said look at my website not the gallery which was modded to  work with a nuke fork. my site has no errors as coppermine does on stand alone and my site isn't exploitable either by some lame script kiddie like coppermine.

i posted my errors and was told not to look at them. thats my point staff here says oh don't worry about the errors you shouldn't be looking at them. well i'm afraid that when i get a database error, no pic, or even a random image i'm afraid that is a major error and have no choice but to see them as users or guests see them..

ares-chatters.aresforum.net <---is the problemed site. i used my site as an example to show you that i know what i'm doing when it comes to modifying and, when i recieve an error out the door there is something wrong not with me but with the package. we in a nuke or any other forum cms package community when modding files do not release a bunch of garbage code then say well use at your own risk or ignore the errors. we make sure it works.

i personally don't like wasting 8 or more hours trying to recode something that was promised to work properly the first time. on my site aresforum.net yes i use 1.12 and glad i do. i have no errors on it other then it's out dated. it's still not exploitable either as i have it bridged and protected through htacc and sentinal.

fuckers can't even read a fucking post correctly. no wonder this gallery cms is so shitty.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:38:30 pm »

locking the thead and ban Dumas aka clyde4210
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:27:33 am »

Made clyde's ban permanent (I originally made it last for a week only) and added the ban triggers of the second account he signed in with to the ban triggers of his initial account.
@clyde/Dumas: don't bother to re-register. All future accounts will be banned in no time, and all your future postings will be deleted without further discussion.

Go and play somewhere else. If you're not happy with Coppermine, don't use it. If you want to tell others that you don't like Coppermine, post your bashing comments somewhere else. We don't care.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.