Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GPS in EXIF  (Read 7500 times)

nils16

• Coppermine newbie
GPS in EXIF
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:52:52 pm »

Hello

I have most of my photos tagged with GPS in the EXIF.
Is it possible like to make a button "See map" then open Google Maps and you can see where the picture have been taken?

Thank You

RatKing

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Personal website
Re: GPS in EXIF
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

I'm sure that that can be done but it would help a lot if you would suply a sample photo with the GPS data in the EXIF. That way people that do not have a fancy camera that is GPS aware can also see what they can do for you. Other then that if Google and Flickr can do it so can the coppermine community.  ;D

Megachip

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:55 pm »

Tried this?

jeepguy_1980

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Loop Family Forum & Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:33:07 am »

I'm sure that that can be done but it would help a lot if you would suply a sample photo with the GPS data in the EXIF. That way people that do not have a fancy camera that is GPS aware can also see what they can do for you. Other then that if Google and Flickr can do it so can the coppermine community.  ;D

Actually, the code is already built into Coppermine, it's just a matter of figuring out how to output the code.

/include/exif.php parses all of the Exif data, including the GPS data.

The GPS data is further parsed in /include/makers/gps.php but it's output is never used.  I looked at adding this to my exifmgr.php and exif.php.inc folders.  But it appears that the exif data is already in the sql tables without the GPS stuff and I don't know how to setup another table to add it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.