Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: anycontent as home page, but can't remove catlist  (Read 2366 times)

mikesalway

• Coppermine novice

Hi all

I want to use anycontent.php as a "main page" with my own custom html/php to select one of two main galleries. The two gallery links would simply go to "http://xxxx/gallery/index.php?cat=YY" where YY is the top level category number.

From there, it would show the normal sub-category list.

So I edited the config to add "anycontent/breadcrumb/catlist/alblist...".

Problem is, if "catlist" remains, the categories still appear on the "home page". But if I remove "catlist", then on the sub-category pages, the sub-category list doesn't appear there either.

Is there some better/easier/different way to achieve what i'm trying to achieve?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:41:36 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: anycontent as home page, but can't remove catlist
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:11:14 am »

Don't use anycontent as a selector page, but create a splash page that let's users decide where to go from there. I have posted this in several threads already, search for my previous postings, search term "splash page".

mikesalway

• Coppermine novice
Re: anycontent as home page, but can't remove catlist
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:09:11 am »

Many thanks - that does help and I've got it implemented using .htaccess to go to a splash page before index.php.

The problem now is that using "Home" in the breadcrumb takes you to "../gallery/index.php" instead of just "../gallery" so it bypasses that .htaccess directive.

But i'm sure there's a rewrite rule that will achieve what I want - i'll dig around.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.