Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Get logged out when clicking on direct url  (Read 3273 times)

Halfhidden

[Solved]: Get logged out when clicking on direct url
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:06:01 pm »

Hi,
I've put the following bbcode in the category to create a simple link to the album from the main page.

St Ives

The link works well but users who are logged in who click on the link get logged out of the gallery every time. Is this something that is expected? or have I got an error somewhere.
The gallery is bridged with SMF 1.5 and Coppermine is version 1.4.18

Regards,
Steff
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:03:33 pm by just_some_guy »

Halfhidden

Re: Get logged out when clicking on direct url
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:36:15 pm »

Sorry I cannot edit the post above so I have to add the rest in this post.
The bbcode is url=http://www.picturepenzance.co.uk/index.php?cat=71/]St Ives[/url
I've removed the start and end bracket so's that you can see the code.
Also the website is Picture Penzance.co.uk
and test user: The bin pirate
Password: 50355

Thanks again for all your help.
Regards,
Steff

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:55:08 pm »

I can't replicate that problem, although i am not entirely sure what the problem actually is; I logged in to the site and went to the URL you posted and there were no files in the category so i couldn't test anything, i browsed the site and never got logged out. Can you please provide more information about the problem?
Tambien, Hablo Espaņol      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:05:52 pm »

Yes. On the front page I created some simple hyper links under the category Sea vessels, docks and harbours (these can be seen on the main gallery page (home page). if you click on any of the hyperlinks Vessels [Fishing Vessels ] [Steam Vessels ][Motor Vessels ][Sail Vessels ][Rowing Vessels ]
Harbours [Sennen ][St Ives ][Hayle ][Penzance ][Mousehole ][Newlyn ][Porthleven ][Others ] you will be taken to the desired page but logged out of the forum. You'll still be able to view the album but will not be able to place a comment.
So click on st Ives by the hyperlink on the home page and you'll be logged out and will need to log in before leaving a comment. On the other hand if you drill down to the St Ives category the normal way through the Coppermine gallery you remain logged in.
I can replicate this each time..... if you can't would that be a local cache problem?
Hope that is a little clearer?
Regards,
Steff

Halfhidden

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:16:18 pm »

I've just tried to replicate this in IE 7 and I don't get logged out. But I do in Fire Fox and Netscape.... why would that be?

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:18:55 pm »

Much clearer, I can't see a problem, I clicked the link to the "[Motor Vessels]" section and commented on a file, I then clicked the image in the top-left corner of the page which brought me back to the index page and I did not get logged out.

Get the effected users to clear their cookies and try again as it seems to be functioning normally for me.

Correct, I get logged out when using Firefox. To work around this; remove the http://www.... from the start of the links and only use the index.php?cat=67 as the link. This should keep the users logged in. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:24:23 pm by just_some_guy »
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Halfhidden

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »

Thanks. I'll edit the url's and remove the www reference from them.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Steff

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:40:01 pm »

Not just the "www", but remove the
Code: [Select]
http://www.picturepenzance.co.uk/ and just have the link to index.php?cat=67
Windows 7 Forums

Halfhidden

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 10:55:02 pm »

Yes sorry I have done that and it all works fine. Thanks for your help.... I really do appreciate it :)

Regards,
Steff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.