Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Images don't show in Internet Explorer  (Read 10706 times)

dojo

• Coppermine newbie
  • Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
    • My portfolio
[Solved]: Images don't show in Internet Explorer
« on: May 30, 2008, 11:55:37 pm »

Hello.

I am sorry to be such a burden, but I have again some issues with my site. I presented it in my forum and some members (who seem to use Internet explorer) told me they don't see the intermediate pictures. One made a screenshot:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c1d57d9df3.jpg [Edit GauGau] Attached hotlinked instead of hotlinking it [/Edit]

The site is www.bestworldimages.com

The pictures show perfectly on Firefox. What have I done wrong? Would this be related to me installing Stramms mod pack? maybe I butchered something there ...

Thank you in advance for any hint.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:59:50 pm by just_some_guy »
*Link Removed*

dojo

• Coppermine newbie
    • My portfolio
Re: Images don't show in Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 06:53:41 pm »

The problem was solved. Thank you ;)
*Link Removed*

steveeh131047

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Images don't show in Internet Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:56:32 pm »

Care to explain how you solved it? That will help others who search this topic in the future.

Steve

dojo

• Coppermine newbie
    • My portfolio
Re: [Solved]: Images don't show in Internet Explorer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:05:35 pm »

Well I don't know how this was solved in the end, but I'll tell you what I have done, maybe it's useful to some people.

I wasn't able to see WHEN the problems started: I installed the gallery, modded the classic skin and then added 2 plugins: Stramm's mod pack and the full image control one (it helps you decide which group can see the full images, good to show only intermediate to guests as an incentive to register and a way for me to not waste all my bandwidth).

Then I started a post in one of my forums inviting my people to come and upload their own travel images (since that's what the site is about). I used IE and FF together when modding the skin (since IE has the bad habit to break my codes) and then I used only firefox as I always do.

One of my members told me my images (intermediate ones) don't work on IE. He's also the one who gave the screenshot since I wasn't able to understand what's going on there.

After I started the support thread in here I also wanted to try solve my issue personally. I didn't know what broke the images. Maybe it was the server, the skin or one of the hacks.

I installed a clean coppermine in a folder and uploaded a test pic. It worked perfectly so I knew the server was OK. I also have 2 more coppermines installed on other sites and didn't face the issues, so it was clearly not the hosting.

Since the controll full image size mod was smaller, I installed it on the test coppermine and it worked again perfectly. So, it wasn't the one to give problems, even if it was the first one I would suspect (it deals with image display permissions and I thought this would cause the issue).

I then got back to my official install and uploaded the files as they are in coppermine (overwriting the ones modded by the mod pack. The problem wasn't there anymore, but of course I lost the features stramm's mod pack would provide.

I noticed that 3 include files give me the problems: functions.inc.php, themes.inc.php and init.inc.php ... When I would upload them I'd have the images not show anymore. So I started code compare line by line so that I could see where the mod pack would change the code in the official files. In this way I was able to check all changes and upload and then check again. now the gallery works OK, hope I won't have issues anymore ..
*Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.