Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should whole page reload?  (Read 6425 times)

Gazab

• Coppermine novice
    • Murcia Golf
Should whole page reload?
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:17:00 am »

Hi,

Just found Coppermine and I must say it’s a great piece of script. Installed it last night and I am giving it a bit of a trial.

My question is. When you view an album, after selecting a thumbnail the film strip opens. As you view each image by using the “see next file” icon the entire page reloads for each image! Is that correct? Cant the image just load into the viewer as it seems to when viewing the slide show.

Do I have something set up incorrectly? Any ideas please.

Gazab

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:41:47 pm by GauGau »
Murcia Golf Home of our gallery. Web design by Affordable Web Design

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Should whole page reload?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:05:46 pm »

That's actually a feature. Each image that is being shown in coppermine has it's own HTML output page, with rating, comments, ecard etc. and a unique file information section. Not just the actual image is being replaced, but the additional data as well. That's why the entire page needs to be reloaded.
There have been requests similar to yours (from people who don't need all those details), who requested to skip the intermediate image display and jump directly from the thumbnail page (that's the actual page you're refering; the film strip is something else) to the full-size pop-up. There are various mods/plugins that accomplish this, e.g. the mod from thumbnail to full-size pop-up (skip intermediate page) or the Highslide (Skip Intermediate Page and show full image ) plugin.
For future versions, there are considerations to dynamically load just the content into the page ("Ajax", if you must hear the buzzword), but for now you'll have to either live with the fact that the page reloads for each image or use one of the mods I mentioned.

Bottom line: yes, the page is suppossed to reload.

Gazab

• Coppermine novice
    • Murcia Golf
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:07:31 pm »

Hi GauGau,

Thank you for taking the time to give me that answer.

I will take a look at those mods, as I said before this really is a remarkable piece of script, the time spent on the documentation and support alone makes it stand out. Keep up the good work.....

Gazab
Murcia Golf Home of our gallery. Web design by Affordable Web Design

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »

For future versions, there are considerations to dynamically load just the content into the page ("Ajax", if you must hear the buzzword), but for now you'll have to either live with the fact that the page reloads for each image.

Any new about it? It will be agreat future.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 08:05:19 pm »

This was a very old thread for the unsupported CPG1.4.x. In fact it is over 7 years old. Locking
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.