Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographs and Coppermine  (Read 1763 times)

LisaW

• Coppermine newbie
Photographs and Coppermine
« on: May 23, 2008, 07:38:23 pm »

I have a site that I'm setting up that sells my photographs of various different state landscapes for postcards, etc. I want to add data to my photos such as where taken, keywords, etc. Is this something I should do in Photoshop first and will it import over or should I only do in Coppermine? I don't want to do all that work twice as we are talking about hundreds of pictures.
Thanks
Lisa

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Photographs and Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 02:01:07 am »

Exif!

boothy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Photographs and Coppermine
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 03:12:28 am »

Or for Keywords, Captions and Title, use the IPTC facility in File > File Info (it is in my PS CS2 anyway!).  Set the IPTC option in Coppermine config to true and then test it out on 1 image first.  For Batch IPTC stuff then find a program that it - Photomechanic, Bridge maybe?

You could also add the location info to the IPTC data, however you would then need to set up your theme to display such data as read from the IPTC.  Or just put it into the caption field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.