Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort Problems, Seems like I'm the only one  (Read 2257 times)

clarnp49

• Coppermine newbie
Sort Problems, Seems like I'm the only one
« on: May 27, 2008, 05:54:36 am »

I have noticed in the feature request a suggestion for better sorting. That's an understatement in my opinion.

When you go to sort in the Sort My Pictures and the "text box" comes up and you chose the album, you are given FILE NAMES? I have to change my file names before uploading? Am I missing something or does Gallery 2 have Coppermine beat in this arena? I can't believe a software package this big and extreme lacks a basic sorting feature that has some options.

How about being able to sort on multiple levels?
Ex..
   Image title, thumbnail view, date, exif data.. etc.. the list is infinate or could be. Just being able to see the image would be a great start.
Am I missing something? Is this option really not here? Some help/ explaination would great if available!

Thanks,
I am a Gallery 2 user for 4 years and I really like the layout of Coppermine and so does my customer but without the sort feature I'm lost as Gallery 2 has a poor upload completion ratio.

clarnp49

• Coppermine newbie
Sort Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:02 pm »

Is there anyone who can help at least make it sort better if not with a thumbnail but maybe a description, title? Anything but the filename? I really like coppermine but this problem may send me back to gallery2.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Sort Problems, Seems like I'm the only one
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 01:35:17 pm »

Sort on Exif can be found here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,39745.0.html
I did a quick search on "Sort on Exif" using the Search function of this board. Have not searched for the other options you might want but im pretty sure there are some more to be found. And if there are not you are welcome to code it yourself and help others who want the same.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Sort Problems, Seems like I'm the only one
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:39:33 pm »

Have you read the documentation? Set the default order in config. If the user doesn't like the default one, he has the possibility to sort ASC, DESC by name, title, position, date (thumbnail view, right side of the album name, Title + - etc.)

If this sorting isn't enough for you, then you can opt to manually sort the pics (admin menu: sort my pictures).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.