Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add files: No new file was found  (Read 6410 times)

wattaman

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add files: No new file was found
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:43:49 pm »

Hi!
I'm trying to use the batch add files utility to add some pictures (a lot, actually) to Copper. The pictures are one level up from the C. installation, I've set the configuration correct, and as far as I know I don't have low memory limitation, execution time etc. (Yes, I did some searches before, tx).
The pictures themselves are in their own folders (see pic.1, attached). I can see those folders and browse them. And I can enter them, too (see pic.2)
However, the interface doesn't look like the one from the documentation. After I enter the pics folder (pic.2) there's only a small OK button in the right of the directory path text box. Everytime I click it, I got the message: No new file was found (pic.3)

Some additional info: I'm on Linux, the folders permissions are set right, there're already created thumbs and preview pics (I've set the prefix in the configuration page), I have created only one category containing one album. I use the default classic skin. The folder where is Copper. is atat.ro/vedete, and the pictures are in atat.ro/plugins/autogallery/Gallery. You can also see from attached pics.

I don't know what else to write. Hopefully one of the older users of Coppermine will be able to solve this problem for me. And, like I've said before, I did searched the forum for a satisfying answer but couldn't find it, so, dear admins, an advice like "Do a search!" or a link to the documentation file won't help, thanks! :)

I do wish to make it work; now my gallery is already online using another script, however I want to create another subdomain for the same gallery but using Coppermine this time. I'm actually trying to find what free gallery script is consuming less CPU resources.

Thanks for reading this! (if someone will)
Thank you for reading this!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch add files: No new file was found
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:30 pm »

Upgrade!

wattaman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:07:48 pm »

Indeed, I had an older version (1.4.16); it came with the fantastico package and I didn't see is an old one.

However, I've upgraded it (to 1.4.18) and the problem remains. The Batch add files looks the same and I still can't select/add the pictures to an album, though the script seems to be able to browse and display the folders/pictures.

Nothing changed!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 01:53:26 am »

1) Fantastico sucks, You just discovered why
2) Do exactly as uggested in the docs, sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues"

wattaman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 12:28:52 pm »

I've done all that, also the error message doesn't look like the general ones.

Anyway, some additional info (after reading the Asking for support on upload issues):
- anyone may login with 'test' and pass '1234' - available until I'll make it work, of course;

As for my issue: after enabling the debug mode the script display the Only files with the following extensions are accepted followed by the list of those file types. So, my guess, Coppermine doesn't select the allowed files from the folder and bumps the error message everytime it finds another file type.
Joachim, if I'm right, please tell me so I won't spend your time anymore (or mine). Every folder with pics has at least one .xml file used for another photo gallery script, and I can't delete those. I'll probably have to give up Coppermine and look for another script. Or come back after a few more upgrades hoping the Copper. will evolve and select, then, only the allowed files from the batched folder.

However, I hope I'm wrong and this can be fixed. I've uploaded the 1.4.18 and run the update again, just in case, but nothing changed (except the error message). It looks the same like in the 3 pics, still no thumb preview, check boxes, destination album select etc.

Thank you for your help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:35:28 am »

Link is http://atat.ro/vedete/

http uploads work as expected, see http://atat.ro/vedete/displayimage.php?pos=-3

Having xml files inside those folders won't hurt.

Post a deep link to one of the files that you're having issues with.

wattaman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:34:59 pm »

It does hurt   :'(
I've deleted the .xml files from one folder and it worked.
However, I can't do this for all the folders, so Coppermine is not what I'm looking. I've added the .xml into DB, in the fyletypes, but some of the folders have as many xml files as their picture number and it will take me a month to add them - have to deselect those xml everytime I add a new folder and I do have a lot of folders ( http://atat.ro/plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php yeap, many of them).

I'll keep the Copper installed, maybe I'll find a script to extract the picture URL and build the DB tables myself. It should be much faster if I have the list with the photos URLs.

Thank you for your help, Joachim!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.