Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: URL Upload Problem  (Read 3245 times)

Shaibani

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: URL Upload Problem
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:38:32 pm »

Hey guys,

I got a problem with URL/URI uploads and I contacted my host about it; this is what I got:

Hello,

It appears that your script is using the fopen function to grab these pictures, which has been disabled due to widespread abuse. Your code will need to be modified to use cURL to fetch the images uploaded via URL. There is supposedly a mod to do this, but we cannot support it as we are not the script's maintainers. You may be able to obtain further assistance from them regarding this issue. Alternatively, you can save the images you are trying to upload to your own computer and upload them via the file upload function, which is working perfectly.

How do I do what he told me to do?

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:53:35 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: URL Upload Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:06:57 am »

URI upload is a silly feature anyway. As your webhost suggested: use http uploads or (for you as admin) FTP-uploads plus batch-add.
There is supposedly a mod to do this
Nope, sorry: no mod available. You're welcome to come up with such a mod and share it with the community if you need it badly. But (as I suggested earlier): URI upload is a silly feature in the first place - we never should have added it to the core, as it leads to two things:
1) some users think that they could save webspace with it (which is not the case, as the files get transfered to your webspace even when using URI uploads)
2) URI uploads encourage image theft. I'm not saying that this applies to your, but it certainly applies to some owners of coppermine-driven galleries

Bottom line: if your webhost has disabled fopen, it's a company that knows what their way around. Their reply shows that they know their way around as well. Be happy that your webhost is using sensitive security mechanisms/policies. Forget about URI uploads.

Shaibani

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:26:54 am »

URI upload is a silly feature anyway. As your webhost suggested: use http uploads or (for you as admin) FTP-uploads plus batch-add.Nope, sorry: no mod available. You're welcome to come up with such a mod and share it with the community if you need it badly. But (as I suggested earlier): URI upload is a silly feature in the first place - we never should have added it to the core, as it leads to two things:
1) some users think that they could save webspace with it (which is not the case, as the files get transfered to your webspace even when using URI uploads)
2) URI uploads encourage image theft. I'm not saying that this applies to your, but it certainly applies to some owners of coppermine-driven galleries

Bottom line: if your webhost has disabled fopen, it's a company that knows what their way around. Their reply shows that they know their way around as well. Be happy that your webhost is using sensitive security mechanisms/policies. Forget about URI uploads.

Ok, I'll use FTP/XP Publish!
Thanks for your help and time :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »

Use FTP-uploads plus batch-add. It's the recommended and best method for coppermine admins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.