Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugins won't load?  (Read 5799 times)

AppleBag

• Coppermine newbie
Plugins won't load?
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:51:35 am »

Hi everyone

I just installed coppermine and uploaded the plugins, now when I click the "i" to install a plugin from the list, it will give me the next step (whether it's some setting or something) and then when I finally click to add it, everything seems to proceed as normal, but in the list of installed plugins at the top, it doesn't get installed. This has happened to multiple plugins now.

Anyone have any ideas? I am running it on IIS7.

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Plugins won't load?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:26:51 am »

Posting a link to your gallery and specifying what plugin you're having issues with might help for a start.

AppleBag

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 03:46:37 pm »

Honestly it's just a completely fresh install, with no albums or anything yet other than a few test pics I put up, so there isn't much to see. Everything else appears to be working right (except for a blank page when trying to rotate pics which I'll be making a separate post about after this). Two of the plugins this was happening with were both of the "Online" ones, Online Now and the other one, I forget the name offhand, and don't have access to the site right now to look.

I was thinking maybe a cookie being blocked or something, but I've checked to make sure the browser is accepting cookies.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:02:16 am »

Do as I suggested!
Posting a link to your gallery ... might help for a start.
Leave it up to our decision what information we need to support you. If you don't need our support, that's fine. If you need it, do as supporters suggest.

AppleBag

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:37:43 pm »

Dude, judging by the tone of most of your posts, you might need to take a break from coding for a bit, you're very irritable.

I'm not going to post the link to the gallery here, for the same reason as I've been posting about in other threads, about having SE's find it. I am sure this forum is probably gone over by the SE's, as well as other forum users seeing the link (no offense forum users, but I want this site kept private). I'd rather pass up on support if that's the case. If you want me to PM it to you, I'd be willing to do that.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 06:51:25 pm »

"Security by obscurity" already is a silly concept. "Privacy by obscurity" is not better. I already told you on your other thread "Where can I add the no index code so Search Engines don't list my site?" what you need to do to keep search engines from spidering your site (robots.txt and no access for guests on coppermine-level).
To keep search engine spiders from even realizing your site's URL when posting it here or on similar boards, you could simply disguise the url like this: coppermine [minus] gallery [dot] net from the spiders, but make it visible for humans. This being said: no, you're not allowed to PM me or any other dev/supporter. We believe in posting publicly for the benfit of the community.

AppleBag

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 04:50:45 am »

You're preaching to a guy who spent 4 years as an SEO. I didn't ask in that other thread how to hide it from SE's, I asked specifically what files in COPPERMINE needed to be edited to add the metatags.

Security by obscurity is a "silly concept" eh? So if you had 50,000 in 100 dollar bills in your house, would you hide it, or tell everyone where it is?

That's what I figured...

Or have you ever heard of a dummy limo that looks just like the President's limo so that possible assignation attempts may be thwarted due to the fact the assassin doesn't know for sure which limo he is actually in? or even the dark tinted limo windows? They are providing security by obscuring him.

I know using "Web 2.0" phrases make you sound and feel "hip", but it's all show, no go.

Like I said, I don't want other forum users seeing the url as well, not to mention, my post will be here forever, with the link on it. You could of just as easily visited the url via a PM, and posted the solution in a reply for the other forum users to benefit.

That's ok though, thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.