Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImageMagick doesn't seem to work  (Read 8531 times)

ahsieh

• Coppermine newbie
ImageMagick doesn't seem to work
« on: April 09, 2004, 06:48:31 am »

I just installed ImageMagick on my server.  During the process I didn't get any error.  Then when I tried to upload a picture in Coppermine, this is the error message I got:

The picture 'albums/userpics/10001/P3310003~3.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127

I haven't tried to upload any picture with another script but I did run the check script (mt-check.cgi) for Movable Type and it did recognized ImageMagick....  Anyway, what the error message I got in Coppermine mean?

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
ImageMagick doesn't seem to work
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 08:32:00 am »

search this board, enter the term "Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127" into the search field and choose the option "Search for all terms". You'll get 19 matches, so 19 other people have already asked the very same thing. I hope you understand that I won't answer it another time.

GauGau

Bullmax

• Coppermine novice
Re: ImageMagick doesn't seem to work
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:18:42 pm »

Under config "Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility (example /usr/bin/X11/)" leave the field blank.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: ImageMagick doesn't seem to work
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 11:17:03 am »

Bullmax, I respect your willingness to help others by posting a solution that worked for you. However, as suggested on the other thread were you posted a similar advice, leaving the field blank will only solve this issue for a very small number of people with a particular server setup. For most users on shared webhosting, it's mandatory to supply the correct absolute path to ImageMagick's convert executable in coppermine's config if you want to use coppermine with ImageMagick. Again, as suggested on the other thread, I suggest using GD instead of ImageMagick if possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.