Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cosmetic tweaks  (Read 5722 times)

Zippy

• Coppermine novice
cosmetic tweaks
« on: April 06, 2004, 04:13:54 pm »

While testing the 1.3 beta, I found that there's a couple of places where some minor tweaks could perhaps enhance the overall user interface..

These aren't really feature requests, just interface tweaks I hope.... :)

---
File Uploads

After selecting multiple file/URL uploads, the next page shows Error Report and Successful uploads. It would be better to show the success box first? (positive reinforcement)

The Error Report box currently shows "File not uploaded by POST." for any upload selections that were left blank, which sounds like a problem to the non-technical user.  Could the script detect blank selections and then simply ignore any error reports. A further enhancement would be to not even display the Error Report box unless some upload error actually did occur.

When stepping through the multiple upload pages, it would be nice to see a page number - "Upload 3 of 5" for example.
---
Favourites
In the "My Favourites" section, howabout a click to "remove all" option?

---
I would love to see the "add to favourites" option always shown with the picture (not just in the file info section) - (perhaps even as an icon at the top)
-----
Links
The image URL in file info seems much better than the URL used in the address bar. I tend to copy links out of the address bar by habit, but because they have cat & pos references, they don't work properly if the album is re-organised.

That's all, hope there's somethings that could make it into 1.3! :D

Good work gang
Cheers

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
cosmetic tweaks
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 11:10:33 pm »

Quote from: "Zippy"

After selecting multiple file/URL uploads, the next page shows Error Report and Successful uploads. It would be better to show the success box first? (positive reinforcement)

The Error Report box currently shows "File not uploaded by POST." for any upload selections that were left blank, which sounds like a problem to the non-technical user. Could the script detect blank selections and then simply ignore any error reports. A further enhancement would be to not even display the Error Report box unless some upload error actually did occur.

Tarique has suggested both of these to me, and I am in the process of getting around to it.  Also, the error box does not appear if there are no errors.

The pic of pic feature cannot go into this version as we are already in a feature freeze. Perhaps in 1.4 or as a mod.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
cosmetic tweaks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 12:25:48 am »

Hi Hyperion,

I also suggested the re-org of the upload error/successful screen, and on my install, with what I'm sure is the latest upload.php , the error box is shown, above the successful upload report, and will lead to confusion, imho.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
cosmetic tweaks
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 12:39:36 am »

Hello Casper,

May I assume you mean it has the error messages for blank boxes (File not uploaded by POST)? This counts as an error for now, so the box will display. However, if all boxes are filled and all files upload successfully, you should only see the success box.

-Hyperion
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

Zippy

• Coppermine novice
cosmetic tweaks
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 01:07:33 am »

Yep, that's the behaviour I get in those two scenarios.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
cosmetic tweaks
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 01:13:53 am »

Hi Hyperion,
yes, you have it right.  I mentioned this on the test board, as it may confuse many users(certainly will confuse most of my members lol).

I think this is an excellent addition though, and much preferable to xp_publish, thanks.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
cosmetic tweaks
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 09:17:57 pm »

Upload.php has been updated. The following changes were made:

- script now ignores blank upload boxes
- switched positions of success and error reports
- garbage collection no longer attempts to delete ./albums/edit/index.html

The updated script is v.1.14 in the CVS.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.