Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: movie AVI into coppermine  (Read 4201 times)

CarlF

• Coppermine newbie
movie AVI into coppermine
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »

Hi folks,
First post and I am not sure if I am posting in the correct section.

I made a website for the school of my kids http://www.kbo-walburga.be/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=51 and because they are giving tons of pictures to put in the web, I recently installed Coppermine on my server. Everything is working well and I am using this only to show the pictures of the kids to their parents, so voting and all the rest is disabled.

Now they gave me two movies in AVI format. I've uploaded them too but they won't play on the server. (they are playing on local host without problems).
Do I need a plugin to view AVI 's ? Can someone point me my mistakes please?

Kind regards,

Nibbler

Re: movie AVI into coppermine
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:38:24 pm »

You need to configure your web browser with an appropriate movie player plugin. It's not a Coppermine issue.

Riox

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: movie AVI into coppermine
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:19:42 pm »

Install the Flash-Video-Player_Mod., convert the Videos to .flv and put them into the gallery. Most ppl got the flash-player from Youtube so its a lot easyer and you don't have to go through the pain of getting ppl to install new plugins for AVI files

example: http://foxbox.cc/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2122
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.