Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: in HotScripts... and some questions  (Read 4180 times)

HumanNature

• Coppermine newbie
in HotScripts... and some questions
« on: April 10, 2004, 10:35:57 pm »

First of all I apologize about my bad english

I have read this in HotScripts member´s review:

"The password and permission code is very poor. It stores the passwords in plain text in the database, and also stores the passwords in a cookie while browsing, making it very easy to crack"

¿Is this true?

APart of this I want to make some questions:

1.- ) ¿Does coppermine suport a huge site with 5000 fotos? ¿There are any site working with this amount of pics?

2.-)  Can I Integrate Coppermine with PHPBB2 2.0.8 if the forum and the gallery are in diferent servers, paths, and domains?

Forum -> SERVER 1 - WWW.DOMAIN1.COM/FORUM
cOPPERMINE -> SERVER 2 - www.DOMAIN2.COM/GALLERY

Thanks a lot :)

athlonkmf

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.asianfanatics.net/
Re: in HotScripts... and some questions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 12:08:11 am »

Quote from: "HumanNature"
First of all I apologize about my bad english

I have read this in HotScripts member´s review:

"The password and permission code is very poor. It stores the passwords in plain text in the database, and also stores the passwords in a cookie while browsing, making it very easy to crack"

¿Is this true?

Yes. But the password aren't saved in the cookie as far as I know. I've integrated it with invisionboard, so everything's fine.

APart of this I want to make some questions:

1.- ) ¿Does coppermine suport a huge site with 5000 fotos? ¿There are any site working with this amount of pics?

I think so. At least mine has 7500 pics already. Going up very fast too.

2.-)  Can I Integrate Coppermine with PHPBB2 2.0.8 if the forum and the gallery are in diferent servers, paths, and domains?

Forum -> SERVER 1 - WWW.DOMAIN1.COM/FORUM
cOPPERMINE -> SERVER 2 - www.DOMAIN2.COM/GALLERY

Thanks a lot :)

Different servers? no. Same server and different domains? yes.
My coppermine gallery with 35000 images: http://www.asianfanatics.net/
Another coppermine gallery with images over the 1MB http://dsample.kmfstudio.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
in HotScripts... and some questions
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 09:00:24 am »

correction: same servers and different domains: as well no! Have to be on same domains, since integration is cookie-based, although the passwords are not stored in the cookie. Ther correct answer is: server doesn't matter, but it must be same domain and same mySQL database.

This so-called "review" on hotscripts is, urm, written by someone who doesn't know very much about coppermine - some things he posted are just wrong...

There have been several discussions about plain-text passwords vs. encrypted passwords in the past, so I won't repeat this discussion here, please search the board if you want to find out the details.

Coppermine has been reported to work with > 100,000 pics in the database.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.