Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to put one photo on several albums ?  (Read 4216 times)

jenaimepaslesspam

• Coppermine newbie
How to put one photo on several albums ?
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:04:06 pm »

Hello !

I'm using Coppermine for a few month, and I find it really great and easy to use, thanks a lot !

Today I faced a new problem and couldn't find a proper solution after reading help and several ressources like this forum, so I hope somebody can help me.

My question is very simple, is it possible to insert the same photo in several album ? When I try to do that through the "FTP" function, I have a "DP" error that says my photo already exists in DB.

As far as I could understand, pictures are not moved when we create album, they are just "linked" via an entry in the database in order to be displayed in the album. Though, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to have the same photo in several albums (whitout needing to upload it several times, that would be rather space consuming and unnecessary) ? I guess I'm just doing wrong...

(Please excuse my english I'm not native speaker)

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: How to put one photo on several albums ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:07:54 pm »

This could be achieved by manually editing the pictures table in the database, if you duplicated the row for one file; changing the album id etc. but preserving the file path, name, title ,caption etc. This would tell CPG to create an image in another album but it would reference a file that has only been uploaded once.
Tambien, Hablo Espaņol      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:10:18 pm »

Snippet from the documentation:
In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file.

Hein

jenaimepaslesspam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:11:16 pm »

Thank you very much for your answer. This "keyword" way of doing is not very intuitive to me, and I couldn't have find by myself, but at least it's working fine...

Still can't understand why is there a "Duplicate" restriction, and what it is for, however.

Anyway, CPG is great stuff and really easy to use except this small problem. Thanks !

shaidar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:38:36 pm »

Dear Sir,

I read the posts repeatedly but could not get the point, I just want images shared between albums. Can anyone please explain?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:28:52 pm »

Read the whole point quoted and you will understand: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#album_prop
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.