Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to put one photo on several albums ?  (Read 4183 times)

jenaimepaslesspam

• Coppermine newbie
How to put one photo on several albums ?
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:04:06 pm »

Hello !

I'm using Coppermine for a few month, and I find it really great and easy to use, thanks a lot !

Today I faced a new problem and couldn't find a proper solution after reading help and several ressources like this forum, so I hope somebody can help me.

My question is very simple, is it possible to insert the same photo in several album ? When I try to do that through the "FTP" function, I have a "DP" error that says my photo already exists in DB.

As far as I could understand, pictures are not moved when we create album, they are just "linked" via an entry in the database in order to be displayed in the album. Though, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to have the same photo in several albums (whitout needing to upload it several times, that would be rather space consuming and unnecessary) ? I guess I'm just doing wrong...

(Please excuse my english I'm not native speaker)

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: How to put one photo on several albums ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:07:54 pm »

This could be achieved by manually editing the pictures table in the database, if you duplicated the row for one file; changing the album id etc. but preserving the file path, name, title ,caption etc. This would tell CPG to create an image in another album but it would reference a file that has only been uploaded once.
Tambien, Hablo Espaņol      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:10:18 pm »

Snippet from the documentation:
In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file.

Hein

jenaimepaslesspam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:11:16 pm »

Thank you very much for your answer. This "keyword" way of doing is not very intuitive to me, and I couldn't have find by myself, but at least it's working fine...

Still can't understand why is there a "Duplicate" restriction, and what it is for, however.

Anyway, CPG is great stuff and really easy to use except this small problem. Thanks !

shaidar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:38:36 pm »

Dear Sir,

I read the posts repeatedly but could not get the point, I just want images shared between albums. Can anyone please explain?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:28:52 pm »

Read the whole point quoted and you will understand: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#album_prop
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.