Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Including a page into a website  (Read 5040 times)

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
Including a page into a website
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:07:42 am »

Hello people (and yes, I'm new  ;D ),

I've downloaded Coppermine and editted the looks of it. It works fine now.
But my idea is to put the gallery of flash movies that I've made into my website.

I've tried the PHP_Include version but it tells me this error:

Warning: include(coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/roland/domains/gaminggear.info/public_html/pages/ggstuffpages/shoutbox.inc.php on line 6

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/roland/domains/gaminggear.info/public_html/pages/ggstuffpages/shoutbox.inc.php on line 6

And I think I know why, it's because of the ? in the URL.
This is the code I've used.

Code: [Select]
<?php
include ("coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0");
?>

Does anyone have an idea how to inplement it?

With kind regards,
Roland
The world is small, people are just to big.

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
Re: Including a page into a website
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:31:32 am »

You can also try to use IFRAME HTML tag.
Someone do'nt like IFRAME, some other think it's very usefull.

By the way, you can wrap all your Coppermine inside your web page.

PYAP

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:29:27 pm »

You can also try to use IFRAME HTML tag.
Someone do'nt like IFRAME, some other think it's very usefull.
PYAP

I've tried I-frame too. But the main problem is that it's not dynamic. My website has a liquid design and will fit within the resolution that the visitor uses.

By the way, you can wrap all your Coppermine inside your web page.
But how? I couldn't find any solutions yet.

Thank you for your reply.

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:54:56 pm »

You can make the iframe "liquid" by using percentage (%) as a measurement of width and height.

<iframe src="coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0" width="80%" />

Besides, you are aware that this is going to "include" the whole page and and not just the file. You could always have a look at cpmFetch (see sub-board).
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:29:15 pm »

You can make the iframe "liquid" by using percentage (%) as a measurement of width and height.

<iframe src="coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0" width="80%" />
Yes, but another reason is that I-frame can't be catched by Google. If it's the only solution, I will use it.

Besides, you are aware that this is going to "include" the whole page and and not just the file. You could always have a look at cpmFetch (see sub-board).
cpmFetch? Never heard of it. I will take a look.

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:34:58 pm »

And yes I'm aware that I'm loading the whole content. Because I don't want to limit the function of coppermine. :)
My idea was to make a flash movie page. And Coppermine was very useful for that.

I don't know if it's allowed but this is the result that people need to see on my website (see my account to know what website).
http://www.gaminggear.info/pages/ggstuffpages/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-1

(Sorry for second post. Couldn't find the "edit button.)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 10:14:01 pm »

There are many threads on here on how to do what you want. Basically what I think you are asking for is how to fit coppermine into your existing site. This is done by building a custom theme.

To get coppermine to fit into your content area take all the code outside your <!-- Begin Content --> & <!-- Eind Content --> and copy it to your coppermine theme folder (for the theme you are modding). Then paste in between those tags everything in the body of your template.html file and save the new code as template.html (making a backup of the unmodified template.html file just in case). Your coppermine install will then appear inside the content area of your webpage.

You should also be able to do similar with your phpbb install but that involves theming 2 files and is also very easy to do.

You can probably then remove any unneeded tags in your theme such as your header logo as you will have one already.

Sorry if my instructions are a bit vague. I have attached a simple theme I did for a friend a long time ago (and I must contact him to update his coppermine install). Take a look at the attache file and you will get an idea of how I have done it.

To see how the final thing looks go to http://www.sussex-windsurfing.co.uk
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 10:53:54 pm by phill104 »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 10:49:37 am »

There are many threads on here on how to do what you want. Basically what I think you are asking for is how to fit coppermine into your existing site. This is done by building a custom theme.
Oh, I guess I didn't searched that good than. Sorry for that. :(
Anyway, my question is how to implement that "flash part" into my website. Because I-frame IS dynamic but the window within doesn't resize with it.
And GOOGLE wouldn't recognize that it's one page.
PHP include has some trouble too. Atleast, it doesn't want to include it because of the ?.

And I was asking if someone knows a good idea how I can implement it into my page.

To get coppermine to fit into your content area take all the code outside your <!-- Begin Content --> & <!-- Eind Content --> and copy it to your coppermine theme folder (for the theme you are modding). Then paste in between those tags everything in the body of your template.html file and save the new code as template.html (making a backup of the unmodified template.html file just in case). Your coppermine install will then appear inside the content area of your webpage.

You should also be able to do similar with your phpbb install but that involves theming 2 files and is also very easy to do.

You can probably then remove any unneeded tags in your theme such as your header logo as you will have one already.

Sorry if my instructions are a bit vague. I have attached a simple theme I did for a friend a long time ago (and I must contact him to update his coppermine install). Take a look at the attache file and you will get an idea of how I have done it.

To see how the final thing looks go to http://www.sussex-windsurfing.co.uk

I guess I can try to add the content to my website to copy the code or place the website into something else... I will give it a try!
But if someone has a good idea to, please post it!

Anyway, thank you all for your replies!

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 01:29:21 pm »

Edit: It didn't worked. Isn't there anyway to include with with PHP include or an other way that Google does understand?
 ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 06:06:01 pm »

It didn't worked.
What is that supposed to mean? Error message?

Isn't there anyway to include with with PHP include
No

Roland_gg

• Coppermine newbie
    • gaminggear.info
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:45 am »

We'll, I tried to hack the code to implement it into my website. But because of to much linking, it wasn't that easy.
That didn't worked very well.

Frameset/I-frame works. But nothing more or less. The main problem is that the window within the I-frame can't resize to the size of the I-frame. And with resolutions of 1024x768, it will be a small problem.
And the second problem is that google doesn't understand frames.

PHP include will give only errors or won't show anything that looks like coppermine.
Atleast, I tried several linking idea's to prevent the ? sign in the url that need to be added.
But somehow it didn't worked that we'll. Atleast, the ? sign give a big problem in the PHP code.
Errors like this where very common:

Warning: include(coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/roland/domains/gaminggear.info/public_html/pages/ggstuffpages/shoutbox.inc.php on line 6

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/roland/domains/gaminggear.info/public_html/pages/ggstuffpages/shoutbox.inc.php on line 6

Anyway, I want to thank you for all your help because I decided to build a flash viewer for myself with those functions.
Coppermine was to hard (for me) to implement into a website.

Thanks for all your help,

With kind regards,
Roland
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.