Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Running PHP in a subfolder of coppermine  (Read 2333 times)

Carlos5039

• Coppermine newbie
  • Thank God for Open Source
[Solved]: Running PHP in a subfolder of coppermine
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:25:35 am »

How can I add a directory that will let me run PHP in the coppermine root and let coppermine control the access?  I have been searching the forums with no luck.

Basically I am trying to run a php program that will give me a much broader control over FLV files, and have links to these php files from any album or category using Minicms.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:27:56 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Running PHP in a subfolder of coppermine
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:47:55 am »

Not sure what you mean, but I guess you want to create a custom page with the coppermine controls on it. Just create your PHP file as suggested in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,38979.msg184636.html#msg184636 and several similar threads. Add the logic you need (some if/then checking that determines wether the page will display something or not) and you should be fine. That file needs to reside in coppermine's root folder, you can't put it into a sub-folder easily because of the relative paths of the files that get included.

Carlos5039

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:08:57 pm »

Is their a way I can add the subdirecty to the relative paths?  I am trying not to fill the coppermine root directory with these additional files, currently I am doing that.  I just want to seperate my php files from coppermine.  I want to Keep the installation root clean.  Thanks for your response.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 04:44:18 pm »

Without extreme hacking of the coppermine core: no, you can't. There's nothing wrong with additional files in coppermine's root folder.

Carlos5039

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:24:28 pm »

Thanks for the information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.