Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumbnails wont update!  (Read 3350 times)

fran86

• Coppermine regular visitor
thumbnails wont update!
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:59:47 pm »

Hey, it seems the thumbnails wont update unless the files are chmoded to 777, and it seems i cant access/see some files to chmod in ftp in order to update them in admin tools.

Ive run out of ideas, why do i need to chmod every file?!

The uploads folder is set to 777, I also dont know where "enable custom thumbs" is, i looked in config but all i could find was watermark custom images... i dont know if that would help or not.
I dont have the "english us" option either, i just have "english" in the language box.

Ive managed to get some to update when chmodding the files.

Alot of files are "hidden" in ftp. Is there way to get them to be viewable?

Thanks for your help!

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: thumbnails wont update!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:16 pm »

From the modpack announcement thread...
custom thumb tool... (default on)
Files and thumbnails settings -> Enable Custom Thumbs (movie, audio, document)
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,28367.msg131255.html#msg131255

Why you have to chmod files... there are excellent sites in the web that describe the linux permission system far better than I ever could.
If you have problems chmodding your files/ folders you should ask your host.
Also it should be enough to chmod files 644 (in some cases 666, depending on server setup - also ask your host if you need more info about that). Folders should be chmodded 755 (depending on the setup sometimes 777).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.