Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Merging two galleries  (Read 2029 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
[Solved]: Merging two galleries
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:04:09 pm »

I have a site with an existing CM gallery that is being completely reprogrammed by a contractor.  It seems to be taking much longer to get that rewrite done than I had hoped which has put my project on hold.  I would like to keep working on adding images and descriptions to the project.  How much of a hassle would it be to create a new gallery and work in it and then merge it with the existing gallery when the site rewrite is finished?  Are there instructions on how to do the merge?  I searched the forum and only found one thread that dealt with merging and it didn't have much in the way of clues on how to perform this.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:34:35 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Merging two galleries
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:40:18 pm »

You can't perform such a merge if pics reside in both galleries. If the gallery you're having re-done is empty, then fill that one. Without knowing what you're having changed, there's little we can advice anyway.

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Merging two galleries
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:09 pm »

ok... that answers my question.  The one that the programmer is working on has images and data in it.  So I'd be trying to merge two galleries that both have data.  I'll just have to wait!

Thanks for letting me know.  I appreciate your time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.