Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Top Level Category to show different style/images  (Read 2542 times)

mikesalway

• Coppermine novice

Hi all

At the moment i'm using Project VII as a base theme and starting to customise after that.

I have 2 top-level categories "Astrophotography" and "Photography" which will display as the first page, and then several sub-categories under both of those.

For the sub-categories, the normal thumbnail view is what i'm after.

However for the two top-level categories, I want to show a larger (wider) "banner style" image graphic instead of the normal thumbnail.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:29:17 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Top Level Category to show different style/images
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:07:28 am »

Disable the thumbnail and use a bbcode linked image in the category description instead.

mikesalway

• Coppermine novice
Re: Top Level Category to show different style/images
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:58:30 pm »

Thanks - this does work. It's a little clunky though because it still has the category name and under that it has the "banner" image. It also still has the "albums" and "files" columns on the right hand side (because I wanted this for the sub categories).

Is there any better way to do it? Can I modify for the theme for just the top level category?

I've attached a screenshot showing how it looks now - ignore the actual pictures etc, just testing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.