Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails and Intermediate pics but no large pics  (Read 4071 times)

erika_conn

• Coppermine regular visitor
Thumbnails and Intermediate pics but no large pics
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »

I was told to post here.

have thumbnails and intermediate - no large files
« on: Today at 06:52:56 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For some reason, I cannot click on the intermediate files and have them enlarged to the large files.  I only get a blank page with a red X.  This happened after I upgraded.  Can you help?

http://ceconn.com/photo_gallery

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Thumbnails and Intermediate pics but no large pics
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:08:01 am »

No, in the other thread I have told you to ask in the thread that's discussing your mod. I do not know it but you should know better where you got it from or who applied it for you. This board is all about the 'modpack' and not related to your issue. Search for applet AniS or AnimatorS. Installing a actual java engine on your home pc may help as well (as your mod requires java).

dojo

• Coppermine newbie
  • Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
    • My portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 12:06:58 am »

I think there is some slight issue we face related to this mod. I have mentioned in another thread, but in other wording something similar that was noticed by one of my members: that Internet Explorer doesn't show the intermediate files (blank) .. didn't think it's related till few minutes ago.

I have installed the mod and the "control fullsize images" mod and have the classic theme modded. I wasn't able to notice first WHEN the problem started, so today I tried to re-trace my steps. I failed, so I installed a clean gallery in a folder so that I see my server is OK. It was all right. I then placed a test image and it all worked.

Since the size control hack is smaller, I installed it and tested it .. it was again OK, no problems.

So I replaced in my current site the files the modpack changed and it all worked fine (except for the fact I don't have the features your mod provides. There is some issue I assume in include/functions.inc.php, include/init.inc.php or include/themes.inc.php

Is there something in the themes.inc.php file that "deletes" the popup image (the java script?)

If I leave the files modded by the plugin, I can't have the pictures function (no full size images), if I revert to the files installed by coppermine I lose functions (I am sure about this, you wouldn't code this if there weren't new features), but the images show correctly.

When I used to work with phpBB there were some informations like "code modifications": we were told what code to add/edit/delet on the files so that we were able to work with more hacks and not lose functions. I fould that search/edit job to be pretty simple and it would help me in any second know what's modified in my code.

Is there a possibility to know what lines of code might deal with the images in the displayimage.php?

How do you advice me to solve this problem? I seem to have the same one as the one who opened the post.

The plugin is just amazing. I was able to send PMs and get them back and my few members really enjoyed "the perks", it would be a pity to lose this.

My "digging" today revealed that something in the code modified by the modpack on my side triggers this issue, so I consider it's related to it. Thank you in advance for any hint you might provide on "attacking" this code issue. Unfortunately my experience kinda stops in HTML/CSS and some copy-paste job with the php code ;)
*Link Removed*

dojo

• Coppermine newbie
  • Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
    • My portfolio
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:53:17 pm »

Later update: I was able to solve the issue. I still don't know what code would cause the problem, so I re-uploaded the default files again and then worked on the 3 includes in the Stramm pack: functions, init and themes and followed each line of code and saw what the mod changed or bringed as a plus. After 8 hours of work it's finally OK.
*Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.